I am so cross!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am so cross!!!

Postby Helen Marie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Hi all

I just need to vent, its been a while since i have been on here, but thank god you are here!

Last August, i had a really sudden very bad flare, urgent neuro appointment, mri of neck and brain, nerve conductions and i was to be referred to the pain clinic, physio and counselling. all good response. all tests done by October.

Since then i have heard nothing. Went to docs in Dec, having got through the bad flare up, just general suffering, to discuss my bladder weakness, and the doc asked when my follow up was at the hospital. he was unimpressed i had heard nothing and said he would chase this up.

3 weeks ago, i had a call from the docs to say they had a letter from neuro and would i come in to discuss ... yey!. today (the earliest appt) i went in, to be told i had been referred for an mri scan of my neck and brain, and was to be referred for counselling and pain clinic. the letter they has was dated last August!!!!!!! the tests have been done in October, the referrals to pain clinic and physio havent even been actioned yet! i thought they were going to tell me their findings (or not).

I was so very very disappointed, frustrated and angry all at once. I am no further forward, they today increased my gabapentin to help out but the nerve pains i have are shocking! yesterday i went for a walk with my family, managed about ten minutes and then couldnt stand, walk or move without wincing, im constantly scratching my arms because i feel that they are crawling and prickling, i keep thinking i have wet myself because my leg goes very hot like warm water is on it, but i havent, shooting pains everywhere, i tried to convey this to my doc and get 'yes, yes, yes' but he doesnt have to live like this.

To be fair, i dont expect the mri to show up anything new other than the white spots i had on my brain before, but i had been waiting for my pain clinic appt and physio since last august, yet as of today they havent even been requested. i feel so let down :(

rant over, thanks for listening xxxx

Helen
after 9 years of FM .... you'd think I would have the hang of it by now :s
Helen Marie
UKFM Member

Re: I am so cross!!!

Postby denys » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Poor you Helen, no wonder you are angry, try not to stress too much or you will end up in another massive flare :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby neytiri » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

OMG thats awful !
I dont blame you for being cross.
I hope you get things sorted soon hunny x x x x x x
neytiri
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:44 pm

So sorry you've been messed about it's so annoying. I went to pain clinic and was refered to pain management course after 6 months I asked my GP about it thinking it was a long waiting list, only for my GP to find they'd filed my notes and not done anything with it :evil: So I know exactly where you're coming from

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Helen Marie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 pm

thank you for all your replies!

I have calmed down and resigned myself again ... its hard when you set yourself up for something isnt it?

Anyway, here's to another wait, and hope the drugs help in the meantime!

:fingerscrossed:
after 9 years of FM .... you'd think I would have the hang of it by now :s
Helen Marie
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:09 am

Hi Helen. So sorry to hear of your frustrating time. Would it be worth complaining to the PALS (patient something liasion service) as that sounds a ridiculous length of time for all of this - and without even an apology or an explanation! Anyway, just a thought. Please take care and hope you get some answers oon. All the best. Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 am

I dont blame you for being cross Helen, hope you get sorted soon. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Hope you get it sorted soon. :hugs: :flowers:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services