Is this new procedure?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this new procedure?

Postby Angel777 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi
Has the NHS issued new procedures in how doctors and consultants approach the patient? It seems to be new ideas which do not work ! !You go to the doctor to get help and they sit there and say 'Well what do you want to do , what do you think you have , what treatments do you think you want ? You know your own body what do you think it needs !
Then you say 'Well I came to you for help hoping you could suggest something to help me cope ' Answer from doctor - 'Well I gave you the print out about fibromyalgia , is, there any treatment on there you feel might help '

Who is the doctor are we ?

A friend of mine had this experience recently at the hospital too, different medical condition entirely same response .

It seems new guidelines in patient approach have sneaked in .

Anyone know if this is the case?
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Re: Is this new procedure?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Not sure if this will help, but I've always had those types of conversations with my GP. I just thought it was because he knows I look into treatments, meds etc and he knows I usually turn up with various sheets of info and things :dunno: :dunno:

It could be they're working on the basis of trying to get patients more involved with their care, my surgery calls it something like being an "expert patient" and is being encouraged as they know we have access to so much more info these days (well, that's what their info on it says) :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Hi
I have not come up against this but have got a good gp, where i will stay what about this and that and he will get out his medicial book and check them out for me, maybe like flup said they know we are more informed with the internet these days and are more clued up on meds. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:41 pm

:wave: mines like shaz but just lately he has said he needs more input from me so we can work together ?and he knows i hate taking d** tablets ,but oh once went cause his chest was shaking and his dr.said after putting stethoscope on him .ooo you are whats causing that then :crazy: :roll: oh said :dunno: dunno thats why came see you .think they taking more relaxed approach
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:00 pm

It's funy you posted about this, I went to chest clinic this morning and when I saw the consultant he was saying what do you want to do about this do you want to just see your GP or come here. All very strange, may be a ploy to discharge patients mmmm :(

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:32 pm

funny you say that fabme .however when went hospital thurs the nurse and neorologist both called me by first name .and asked where oh was ,and how was his treatment going :D .thought it was lovely that interested ,but oh said it was take my mind off what he was doing to me . :dunno: didnt work :yikes:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services