Pain Clinics

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Pain Clinics

Postby bestnan » Sun May 08, 2011 6:53 am

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue May 10, 2011 10:34 am

oohh i have my first appointment next month-glad i found this thread.

my partner went to the same one last year because of his back problems and he said they are really nice...phew :)

had a form arrive in the post with the body shape to mark where the pain is...i need a much bigger body map :lol:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby insomniac79 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 am

Here in the states it's getting really difficult to be treated by a pain management center. There are so many Doctors writing too many prescriptions for narcotics that police are cracking down on it. I've had major back surgery and moved from Nevada to Texas recently. Apparently there is a big problem in Texas because I'm unable to find a Doctor that will fill my pain medications. I'm not sure what to do because I suffer from chronic pain and really need to use pain medications.
My health has been declining and my DR recommended I start eating more fruits & vegetables. If I plant seeds from a survival seed bank, which ones will be more beneficial to my health? What are the benefits of eating kratom in your diet?
insomniac79
UKFM Newbie

Postby tonydin » Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 pm

i when some years ago and thought it a waste of time ,,, now girles dont shout at me please :yikes: but they spent all the time telling some women how to manage the ironing by doing 10 min then resting 30 min . i aske how this was supposed to help me keep working fulltime and they just said if i feel that bad i probobley should not be working???? bet they dod not woork for attos in their spar time

like death vally i got the tiolet seat treatment :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
waste of time not worth takeing time off work for
prob i think im on waiting list for another dose unless they see my name and strike me of
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Why would we shout at you Tony, the one you went on wasn't right for you, all you can do is make a comment based on your experiences :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 8:39 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Tony :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bestnan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I've recieved my pain clinic appointments which starts on 2nd June with the physio followed with a pre-programme assessment. I start the clinic on Thursday 9th June and then every Monday and Thursday for 8 weeks. :D :D

I have let work know so they can work around it. I work on Thursdays, but not Mondays, so I imagine I will work on Fridays instead. We'll see :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will keep in touch

Sheila :):):) :clap:
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 28, 2011 7:10 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bestnan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Well.....I had my pre-progamme assessment meeting today as well as visiting the physio. She asked me to get on the floor and I had to tell her that I can't and neither could I get up once there. I cannot kneel down and my legs and arms are not strong enough to raise myself. So I am to use the bed. :D :D
I look forward to starting next Thursday, so I am now to wait for a telephone call to let me know if we are to start. It all depends on numbers, money and a place to do it. Watch this space :roll: :roll: :roll:
Since my heart condition started 7 years ago I hve been wary of swimming, because I loose my energy so quick (we feel that it may have been fibro causing it but were unaware then). The physio has said that they will help me back into the water :fingerscrossed: I hope so as I used to do 10 lengths a day.

Take care and keep pain free :fingerscrossed:

Sheila xxxxxxxxx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Hope you get the call to say it's going ahead Sheila :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: I would have thought with the physio and swimming/hydro it would be geared to your abilities/capabilities, taking into account other health factors/problems, with things altering and progressing based on how you are.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: It helps you Sheila :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bestnan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:20 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:Hope you get the call to say it's going ahead Sheila :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: I would have thought with the physio and swimming/hydro it would be geared to your abilities/capabilities, taking into account other health factors/problems, with things altering and progressing based on how you are.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: It helps you Sheila :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Many thanks. I've also got my :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: hoping to get the call as I have arranged with work to get the time off and I can't do the next one, which starts in September.

Take care and keep well xx
bestnan
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Doctors & Health Services