Need new GP

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Need new GP

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:08 am

How do I go about finding one?

I live just outside Yeovil in Somerset. Does anyone else and has a good and understanding GP?

Mine just looks at me bemusedly and now talks to be like I'm 3. Wanted to slap him yesterday. He's not interested in finding out anything about fibro or helping me with it or the arthritis that is getting diagnosed almost everywhere on me.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Re: Need new GP

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:23 am

Have you any friends or family that say they have a decent gp?? If anyone recommends theirs' you could try contacting their surgery and ask about attitudes to FM, arthritis and other things you need help with??

Found this linky on NHS site with gps around your area, don't know if anything on it is any help, but it might be another place to look. Some of them have been rated by people :dunno: :dunno:

http://www.nhs.uk/Scorecard/Pages/Results.aspx?OrgType=1&Coords=1160%2C3556&TreatmentID=0&PageNumber=1&PageSize=0&TabId=0&SortType=1&LookupType=1&LocationType=2&SearchTerm=Yeovil&DistanceFrom=5&SortByMetric=0&TrustCode=&TrustName=&DisambiguatedSearchTerm=&LookupTypeWasSwitched=False&MatchedOrganisationPostcode=&MatchedOrganisationCoords=&ServiceIDs=&ScorecardTypeCode=&NoneEnglishCountry=&HasMultipleNames=False&OriginalLookupType=1&ServiceLaunchFrom=&TopLevelFilters=
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 am

wish you luck :goodluck1:
it dose make a very big difference to have a GP that will
listen and talk to you about fibro.
had my share of bad ones, luckily we have a big practice
now i have 2 that are very good with me.

hope you find one soon :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 am

Hi
Ask friends/family what the docs are like, call up the practice manager and ask questions about the docs.

Go for a surgery with a few docs in, that way you have a choice in finding a nice doc. :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks for your replies.

My GP is a one-man band as it's a village surgery. There are 2 other GP's in the surgery but they work together as a separate entity. Don't know anyone with the other GP's. I have a friend who got diagnosed with ME about the same time as my fibro diagnosis (honestly health wise we're so similar it's scary!) and she has the same GP and she's not happy either as he treats her the same.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services