Intermediate Care Team?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Intermediate Care Team?

Postby m2kl » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm

I went to physio today and they have given me details of the 'intermediate care team' to assess me for wheelchair, home needs, care needs(if any) and apparently they even do a finacial assessment to see what i would be entitled to :lol: :lol:.

Has anyone had any experience of them? It sounds like social services adult care sector but it seems its through the nhs. :dunno:
m2kl
UKFM Member

Re: Intermediate Care Team?

Postby loubie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:49 pm

not heard of them :dunno:
but good luck :fingerscrossed: they are helpful

let us no how you get on :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 pm

:goodluck1: hope they help. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:58 pm

I haven't heard of them either, but it you can have a full assessment done by them, then I'd go for it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Hope you get everything you need :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm

:fingerscrossed: they can help you and :goodluck1: lets know what they are like (I havent heard of them either!!) :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby m2kl » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Haha i hadnt heard of them either.

I spoke to a co-ordinator today and they took details and a occupational health assistant will contact me within 28 days to arrange a full assesment including my whole house, wheelchair, aids within the home and financial assessment. Sounds very good so far. :lol: :lol:
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: from me as well :wine: :wine: :wine:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 pm

i had contact with them a couple of years ago when my sister was discharged from hospital and came to stay with me.

they basically put services in place to support her such as physio adn ot to come to the house to assess for adaptions. the physio then didn;t always come but her assistant came and actually did the exercise with my sister to encourage her as she has mild ld. she also helped her cook meals etc and offer advice such as usual perching stools, personal care to make things easier.

i don;t know if this is right but i think it is only a short term service such as 6 weeks to get you settled and perhaps do an assessment of what needs the person may actally have. perhaps if future ongoing needs are required the new direct payments system can then step as you will have been assessed as needing ongoing help so then they can fund that. so i think it is very muich an assessment period.

be careful though as i had a friend who had 2 young children. admittendly she was trying to milk the system for what she could, but having her "needs" meant did contradict with her kids opending the door to carers at 7.30 am (they were 2 & 7) so you cant win either way. if the kids open the door as you cants you get into trouble with social services,m if you open the door you are deemed not needing care so be careful not to get caught out.

she was deemed not to need it quite rightly on that occoasion but it gives them an opportunity to come into your home for a period but then take it away if they ccan find an excuse not to.

i am not being cynical as i appreciate there are such limited resources these days and people do play the system but it makes it harder for the genuine cases - just be careful.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby m2kl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Haha thanks but sadly i do know how it all works with the system as i have worked in the care sector for 12yrs.

Its not 'care' i want tbh, having a stranger in the house helping me is far from what im after. All i want is a wheelchair and things like perching stool and kettle tipper. And also the advice applying for benefits.

Thanks for the heads up though :D
m2kl
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services