Doctors don't seem have time anymore...

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doctors don't seem have time anymore...

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:47 am

Hey all

I had a weird day today at the doctors my mind was all over place fibrofog day :x but what got me is my doctor only had time to talk about one of my problems she said next time make double appointment . I know we are down only 2 doctors :( so I try to tell her much I can heh xD But I did get my sick note to cove me for my tribual ( 2 month sick note) but is this normal for doctor only tell them one or may two things.

Lest I got sick note and new tablet but she said i got go back male doctor about my tablet try to take me of them slow and going try new anit drepession well I going back her 2 weeks :D I perfer her ever time i go see male doctor this happens I end up get refer back over one ( they need start read all my notes lol ) :o plus last time male doctor had to answer his phone i was so angry after words i forgot tell him some stuff D:

I got lot things wrong with me fm , drepession , anxious, sleep problems and now I had hand op D: I am sorry worried I didn't even get talk about my stomack oh IBS too well I did but she said talk over doctor sign I just hope I don't get worse with feeling sick and pain in stomach nice rep she said any problem phone up.

ahh it been one those days think it Feb and it March Oh over thing is it so hard get appointment now no appointment till second week :o we realluy need get a new doctor since we lost over one and I really like her :(
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Re: Doctors don't seem have time anymore...

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:03 am

Hi
Having a good doc makes all difference with fibro.
I am very lucky with my gp as he will just let me rattle out my problems but i do hear that lots of gp`s dont have the time to listen and ask you to make a double app. :dunno:

I only have one gp in our surgery and he gets very busy but always has time for you but it can be annoying if you are waiting to been seen.
Have you got another surgery near you to change over to?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:13 pm

We've just been asked not to ask the doctor about more than one thing, as people are complaining over the amount of time they have to wait past their appointment time, well I do everything fibro related :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I tend to do an update of symptoms sheet take it in and let him read it.

He generally comes back with a,b,c and d are FM related, dont have a clue what e or f is about blah blah. But like Shaz's he always seems to have time especially if I go in to see him first thing, dont know what I'll do when he retires :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BlueBerry » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:09 am

Guess it normal then great idea deny I should write it down let my doctor read it but weird thing there a compture right in front of her she should have time to read it. Good thing I have a health centre and there are lots over doctors sugry next to each over pretty cool :D we move this one cause was close where we live they got one in my old street 2 place they go too.

But now I go heath centre I am happy way been going thanks them I had really look after me and I been monited on my meds for first time like ever month and she was right take one at time ... Feel much better more wide awake and feel less drowse :D :clap:

guess that why she rust me she had more people to see :x but I know what to do next time.

Got see doctor I see for my fm I not been to happy way things been going with her and she cancel my appoiment now it in a week lest message got thought that see need send me a reminder ( complainted she didn't last time heh xD) But thank her I had my surgy on my hand good thing maybe she find out why I am still wait for my 2 letters for hostpial been 3 months . I ask GPs now it her turn xD

Not sure what else she can do for my fm physo told me nothing much they can do well excise and eat right :roll: but we she what she say in a week time. :dunno:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby loopyloo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:51 am

hiya blueberry, :)

sorry you didn't have a good visit to the gp, GP's are only supposed to give each patient a ten minute time slot for an appointment as they are supposed to be able to deal with each patients problems in that time, so alot of GP Practices will only allow one problem per appointment slot, and do advise to book a double appointment if you have more than one problem to discuss it's a bit annoying as it's hard enough to get an appointment in the first place, so if you have a lot of things you need to discuss with your gp first of all write yourself a list i have to or i forget it all and then book a double or triple appointment if you think you need it, also dont let the receptionists try to argue you out of a double or triple appointment(20 or 30mins) if you think you need it as thats not there job and you dont have to tell them why you need the appointment either thats personal so not there business, and you can see the GP of your choice.

sorry if this sounds officious not meant to, i'm a receptionist in a medical practice so i see it from both sides

I hope you get on better next time :goodluck1: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
loopyloo
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi not only do we get only one problem in an appointment (although occasionally I can squeeze a second thing in depending on their mood) during 12 and 3 they close completely which means that you can't even speak to a receptionist on the phone. I do think though that it is becoming standard for doctors to limit it to one problem per appointment.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi
My doctors have had the 1 problem per visit for a while now, but they have this telephone treage thing going now where you ring up for
an appointment and the doctor rings you back and you have to tell them over the phone what is the matter then they decide if you
need to come in to see them or they can write you a prescription and you pick it up later, this is so frustrating when you are trying to
tell them about a couple of things that are going on at the same time, and they are not interested and you end up ringing back and try to
get the same doctor again. :roll:

Sometimes I end up not ringing and trying to put up with the problem myself

Lorraine
pixiecat

Return to Doctors & Health Services