GP worth his weight in gold

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

GP worth his weight in gold

Postby lynn22 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 am

Hi, hope you are all having a relativley good day :wave: , I have just been to my GP and he is worth his weight in gold, what a difference it makes when you have this condition to see someone who understands, listens and does not want to push you out the door. He was angry with the esa giving me 0 points and has offered to help my case in any way possible, and wrote me a sick note for 3 months without me even saying and then told me to put in a appeal straight away. When I said my hands hurt and he noticed that the knuckles are swollen, he ordered a multitude of blood tests - it was always in the back of his mind that the fibro could be a pre-curser to RA - sadly he is always booked so was very lucky to get a quick appointment with him. So anyone out the there who is finding it hard to get a good GP, keep looking there are some who will help and support you, sadly sometimes it takes awhile to find them :hugs:
lynn22
UKFM Member

Re: GP worth his weight in gold

Postby loubie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:33 am

hi lynn
that is so true
just a thought, can you book your appointment on the net ?

that's how i do mine, and i can usually get an appointment with the doc
i like although it may be the end of the month before i can see him.
but if its urgent i have to see who ever.
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi Lynn it is so important to have a good GP shame there arent more of them around x
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am

He sounds lovely, mine's pretty decent but was a bit distant last time even though he'd told me to come and see him that week (for a med review). I'm seeing him again tomorrow so hopefully he'll be as lovely as yours :)
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services