WHY ARE WE TREAT LIKE LEPERS?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby NIECSEY » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Im annoyed just looking down the topic list WHY are most of us treat like we are not worth helping? Its really annoying me and if l could put a curse on anyone ld curse all our shabby doctors who havnt got a clue with fibromyalgia... crikey l didnt realise how big the problem was l knew it happened but didnt excpect it on this scale!! I am that fedd up went to a chiro and feel worse than ever lm that desperate... l wish l could pay to see someoneone WITHOUT even going through my doc l KNOW l have Fibro and I have ACCEPTED IT,,, iM ALSO CLEVER ENOUGH TO KNOW MY OWN BODY AND THAT EVERYTHING I COMPLAIN OF IS NOT FIBRO!! gawd help us all! Rant over! excuse my typos lm tired sore and angry and typing to fast lol x
NIECSEY
UKFM Newbie

Postby lrgatrell88 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:23 am

Lol. That's ok. I no how you're feelin. I keep crossing my fingers I'll win the lottery so I can go private! Lol. I can dream I guess. X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: WHY ARE WE TREAT LIKE LEPERS?

Postby motherelephant » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:46 pm

The problem is that most Gps have no idea about Fibro and how to treat it .Even after you have been diagnosed we are left to fend for ourselves .It's so important to push your GP if you think you have something that isn't Fibro .I have had Fibro since i was 12 and am now 54 . 6 years ago I was diagnosed with hypo ,although i know for sure I had it for many years .I had to beg my gp to test my thyroid as they all said it was just the Fibro .Listen to your own body learn to recognise what is Fibro and what isn't .Most of all keep smiling . :D Motherelle x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Re: WHY ARE WE TREAT LIKE LEPERS?

Postby loubie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 pm

even if you won the loto, you would be just the same as you are now
as far as your fibro is concerned :(
this is the problem, no one really knows how to treat us :roll:
and when we walk in to our doc's, his first thought will be "oh no fibro" :yikes:

last time i went to my doc he said that its as frustrating for them as they don't know
how to treat us, and its a b :swear1: of a condition to have.

so we all place a smile on the out side and scream with pain on the inside :roll: :roll: :roll:

:wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Doctors & Health Services