Somewhat annoyed

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Somewhat annoyed

Postby nobby » Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

My doctors have been great getting me diagnosed and giving me a lot of support. Not only for my fibromyalgia but seperately for my severe depression (my GP thinks that they certainly are separate illnesses but probably linked in some way)

Whats annoyed me slightly is to get more support and help I've had to be referred to the CFS Clinic. Again they've been great getting me and my husband support and sending us resources and the doctor I spoke to was respectful and understanding (and gave me good advice) but there isn't anything separate for Fibro and I'm not sure why but that bugs me. Anyone else feel the same?
nobby
UKFM Member

Re: Somewhat annoyed

Postby denys » Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Always, fibro patients sometimes just seem to be tagged onto other clinics :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu May 12, 2011 9:11 am

Hi
My hospital does a living with pain course just for fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Moo Moo » Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 am

Hi
I'm currently on a physio led Fibro course at my local hospital. Exercise in the gym and education talk from pain, fatigue, meds, relaxation etc it is an 8 week course and includes a session in the hydro pool which can be extended if you like the pool.

It's encouraging but sometimes demoralising as it seems everyone else is getting better as I get worse - out of 10 I'm the only one with such poor mobility and at 40 one of the younger though not the youngest one there.

Call your patient liaison service and ask if they can find out the numbers of people diagnosed at the hospital and if a substantial amount make a suggestion they put on a separate course, I'm sure they could just use best practice and get the ready made package from another hospital. Mine is Kings Mill Hospital Sutton in ashfield Nottinghamshire.

Goodluck xx
Moo Moo
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services