Professor Davies

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Professor Davies

Postby emily73 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:41 am

Morning everyone

After 1 year with no hope from the NHS i finally got a diagnoses from a private clinic in London under Professor Davies, I am lucky enough to know my best friends bosses who decided enough is enough and paid for me to see him. I have fibromyalgia with High Sensitivity to Pain, he gave me 2 injections in my back and sent a letter to my GP with what medication i need all in 45 minutes. We thought it would cost loads but it cost £325, He is also based in Guys hospital in London and he can see NHS paitents the waiting list is 18 weeks so if any of you are in the same boat (Limbo) then get referred to him.

Good Luck

Emily
emily73
UKFM Member

Re: Professor Davies

Postby budda » Thu May 12, 2011 8:25 am

So glad you have got answers, its not what you want but now you know. :hugs: and you can learn to deal with your illness.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 am

Glad things have moved on for you Emily and you have finally found your answers :fingerscrossed: everything works out now :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby annie1982 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi guys, :)

Just came across this thread and thought i might be able to help a little.

I have seen and am seeing Proff Davies too also private all his information is on a website called http://www.fmsclinic.co.uk and if you go to this site and contact Dan Austin he will give you all the information you need.

I have been seeing him on and off for just over a year and feel he is a great help. But due to costs have had to now be put on the nhs waiting list, my rheumatologist that i saw today said she would requrst an urgent appointment and said it would only be 2 weeks wait! Has any one eles had a urgent request and how long have they waited?

Im currently trying out a new drug from him called flupirtine and am having a good outcome but is costing alot private hence the nhs appointment.

Thanks xx
annie1982
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 18, 2011 2:22 pm

I haven't heard of it Annie, but it sounds promising for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Hope you're not waiting too long for your appt :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:30 pm

I did post the other day "there are good Drs out there" as I to had seen a consultant privately. Mine was also a very good and works out of "Spire Murray field" on the Wirral. He also has an NHS list at various hospitals. My consultation was £160 for 45 mins although we ran over. It seems to be the only way to get a good diagnosis the relevant treatments and to be treated with respect.

I am going onto his NHS list now and he has also stated he will set up some Physio for me as well as other treatments. He has also referred me to a Dermatologist as I have burnt my back using hotwater bottles and he noticed that it was so bad it would cause me more problems.

If you can get the money together go for it. You can also then get a rheumotology report from them which can then be useful when claiming benefits etc. I cant see a tribunal turning down the information in one of these reports !

It is good to know that there are good Drs out there.

Diane :wave:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Maria » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 pm

I saw Professor Davies and received a diagnosis on 9th May at Guys on the NHS. He prescribed Lyrica (Pregabalin) and Duloxetine (Cymbalta). I had to wait about 18 weeks to see him but I was happy to wait as I wanted to see him and no one else and I was grateful my doctor listened to me when I requested the referral be made to him. :D
Maria
UKFM Member

Postby LorraineElizabeth » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

I have had M.E. and fibromyalgia for 13 years, I was lucky enough to be told about Professor Davies about 5 years ago, at that time I could barely function. I first saw him privately in Oxford, his treatment really helped me, I had to return to him again in Bristol last year as I had been nuring my mother for two years and then she was very ill and sadly eventually died, this took all my energy away again , so I returned to his Bristol clinic last year for his help again, I do find the injections that Professor Davies gives me helps greatly, he also advised me on vitamins and Magnesium Malate which also help and I take Pregabilin for the fybromyalgia. I read one comment which said that someone had seen him on the NHS once and it didn't help, you can not expect one visit to achieve great things, the improvement is gradual, but it does work, I would advise that person to go back and see him again. In order to find out about the clinics, I think they are on Mondays and Wednesdays in London and they are on Friday morning in Bristol you can email Daniel Austin who is very helpful, he will set up an appointment for you email devonshireconsult@yahoo.co.uk Or you can ring 02074867131 Good luck.
Lorraine
LorraineElizabeth
UKFM Newbie

Return to Doctors & Health Services