are drs only trained to sign prescriptions?

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

are drs only trained to sign prescriptions?

Postby animalhouse » Fri May 13, 2011 1:49 pm

just moved in feb and finally got around to going to new docs, been survinig on repeat pres. from old onel.

thought this would be a good opp;ortunity to start a clean straight so i went nievly this morning thinkiong i could get some action;

been in chronic pain/fatigue since car crash feb 10 diagnosed quicklyh with fibro in aug by rheymy, was please i was getting prompt treatments such as steroid injects and referral to rheunmy. (after all this could look good on my insurance claim - wont it..........)

but over a year down the line and after i started get shooting pains down my back again (not had for a long time) and pins and needs in hands and feet = i went to new doc aksing if i could have some scans or xrays done as this had never been done (it was a head on crash at 50mph but nothing broken so why waste the money).

i now see the fibro diagnosis as a cop out and frustrated that other tests have not been done except a blood test to exclude other things. and thata i have not got better and this is my lot in life now.

after googling the internet i keep thinking i could have slipped disc, trapped nerve etc or need some surgery that could remedy the probelmd instantly (i know fantasy ) instead of a life of pain and a selection of difficer pain/nerve meds to take instead.

but no, a new referral to physio then they might be able to refer if they think something is wrong, he is not able to do anything else and heknow it is frustrating l..... :swear1: :swear1:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: are drs only trained to sign prescriptions?

Postby denys » Fri May 13, 2011 3:15 pm

Why cant he refer you, .......oh yes then it comes out of his budget whereas if the physio refer you it comes out of theirs!!!!! surley to goodness they need to definitely rule out a problem, only way round it is to turn up in A&E saying you have developed really nasty pains in your neck and back with pins and needles in your hand etc etc and see if you get xrayed/mri'd there :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services