There are good Drs out there.

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

There are good Drs out there.

Postby diane1 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi folks

I've just had an appointment with a lovely rheumotologist . He listened, apologised when he did the examination as it hurt, and understood what I went through on a daily basis with the pain and other symtoms. He has arranged for me to have lots of different therapies to see if they help and for once I actually didnt feel like it was all in my head.

I am in agony now after all the prodding so am dosed up and have hotwater bottles placed all over me but it was worth it.

The DR was a Dr Cheu and he works in the merseyside/wirral area, just in case anyone was looking for GOOD rheumotologist. Fibromyalgia is his speciality though and i could tell.

I'm going to have to sign off now though as my hands are really painfull so I cant type much. I just thought i'd share my good news so theres hope for us all.

On the down side he did tell me that as I've had fibro for 6 years I will always have it although I could have periods of remission.
Just being treated like a human though softened the blow.

Di :wine:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: There are good Drs out there.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Yay :clap: :clap: :clap: It's always nice to hear when someone comes across a good doctor, sadly we hear far too much about the not so goos ones and nowhere near enough about the good guys.

Being taken seriously and treated as a human definitely makes all the difference :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope there'a something that makes a difference to you in the various things he's referring you for :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby diane1 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks

It was such a relief and so nice to be treated like a human with a brain. I thought i'd share his name in case others are in need of a good Dr(consultant). It did take me 6 years to find him though but at least it brings hope.

:D :D :D :D
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi Diane, I was supposed to see him but ended up with one of his registrasshe was very nice too, did you see him at Clatterbridge or Arrowe Park :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Sat May 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Denys

I was so lucky and got to see him at murryfield as my union paid for a private consultation. He has told me that he will see me on the NHS ( he knows i'm loosing my job so couldnt afford to go private. If only!) but i'm not sure where yet. I dont really care where either I'd travel to Liverpool as he was so nice and knew what he was talking about and understood.

He even understood how we try to get on with life and struggle to do everyday things. He asked how long I could walk for then asked how long with no pain. When I said I always had pain he suggested that if someone without fibro suddenly had our pain they wouldnt walk but would be in a wheelchair. I've since been assesing everything I do like now typing, my fingers are really painful but I want to get this down so will carry on untill it becomes unbearable.

If you can get to see Dr Cheu then i would.

I hope your ok today .

Di :clap:
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun May 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks Di I was dicharged from the clinic as they said my care would be GP led :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Doctors & Health Services