I am so angry I can feel a rant coming on

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am so angry I can feel a rant coming on

Postby gwenmoon » Mon May 16, 2011 12:45 pm

I am in
lot of pain today. The worst I have been in a while. I rang my doctors three times last week to get an appointment. I could not get through. When I eventually did I was told there where no appointments left. I explained I needed my pain meds as I was virutually out. So she said she would squeeze me in. Fine that was great at least I could get my meds.

When I went to the appointment it was the practice nurse not the doctors who is not authorised to prescribe tramadol and pregabalin. The strongest she could give me was codeine .
Great that ment that I would have to get another appointment to see a doctor. I went to reception to arrange this but they told me there where no appointments I would have to ring up Monday morning. I explained that eveytime I did this I couldn't get through to get an appointment in the first place.so she pre booked me in for this afternoon Monday. Great so now with no meds over the weekend I am in the biggest flare up ever .
They used to do evening appointments which where great I could always get in and it was easier to go because I had no other things to stop me in an evening.plus around that time of 5.30 and 9 pm I was at my best of the day no in too much pain and more relaxed. But they stopped them said not enough people where using them. But now you can't get an appointment.

I am so fed Up being pushed into a flare up which could have been so easily prevent if they had booked me in with a doctor as I asked.
I was just being to forget how bad this condition was as it had been quite a while since I had a flare up as bad as this. I can feel my depression coming back on , so I will have to go back on my tabs for that as well now. I feel really really down. :cry: Gwen

My partner still hasn't got one and he's been phone everyday for over a week. His meds for his depression have run out . I asked when I sorted my appointment out, but got told to ask him to phone to sort it out as she could not give him an appointment through me.
It is getting worse the doctors used to be ok no problems getting appointments and you could always see a doctor not be pushed in with a practice nurse.
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Re: I am so angry I can feel a rant coming on

Postby shazq » Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi
Not surprised you are angry i would be too. :evil: :hugs:
If you are unable to get in to see the gp will they not give you a repeat prescription for your meds? :evil: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi Gwen I agree with Shaz, the least they can do is to give you a script for enough tabs to last until you both can get to see a doctor :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I was thinking about a repeat script as well as I was reading, Gwen. I hope you can get something sorted for both of you, meds and appts wise :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Mon May 16, 2011 6:07 pm

i can really recomend psyco threpy hypnosis for anxity and deppression if you can afford it , a few years ago befor the fm dx i was ciming the walls and it was the best £300 i have ever spent . now iknow it works i can use the things i leart to head it of if i see it comeing on.
have had no major anxity problems scince ; drugs dont work only changeing the way your mind works will stop it
tony :flowers:
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon May 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Gwen when my OH runs out of prescription that i have forgot to order, then i go to the pharmacist in the health centre and they give the meds that my OH needs, and when he gets his prescription they take it of, is there nothing like that at your GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby gwenmoon » Mon May 16, 2011 11:25 pm

They don't do repeat perscription for my meds I have to be reviewed every time I go for them as in the past I have had several severe reactions to certain meds I am on. They resolved it but I am still on the red list as they call it , so each time I run out I have To be reviewed before they issue my prescription . The receptionist last week should know this as it is plastered all over my notes, but still chose to put me in with the nurse and also after I had told her as well.

I am still in pain and have had this uncontrollable itching all night and still have. I hate the hoops I have to jump through to get anything that I want from the doctors and they make me feel so uncomfortable . It's almost like they are saying oh no not her again. I can't change doctors as it took me nearly 2 years to get this one when I move up here 9 years ago. Don't want to go through that again, can't stand any hassle my fibromyalgia made me like that.

Thanks for your concern and big :grouphug: to everyone Gwen
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 pm

Could you start making your appt in advance gwen :?: :?: When you go in for your next review and prescription, I'm guessing you will be given a set amount of meds to last for a number of days, so could you make your next appt straight after you've had one. Hopefully then it will help with not running out of meds as you'll be seen in time :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Gwen. :D
I agree with Fluppypuffy, make your next appointment when you leave the docs after your check up. I was on review all last year so I know how you feel. I too had to wait til I'd seen my doc before I was allowed any more as I also have reactions to meds. I did do this system and it did seem to work well. It saved me having to battle thru the receptionists to get an appointment on time. Our g.p's advise it's patients NOT to phone on a monday morning unless you really have to as it's guaranteed to be busy. I honestly know how you feel as I've gone thru a few weekends without my meds and it's been hell, I'm on tramadol too and really don't like missing it as my body notices quite quickly. :yikes: I now try and keep an 'emergency' supply by - I keep 3 days worth of pills by so I will get thru a weekend if need be now but I replace them as soon as I'm able to, it's taken alot of pressure off me knowing they're there too, silly I know! Anyway, take care and :goodluck1: you work a system out that helps you. Take care. Cherry :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services