finally changing/now worried!!!!

Anything to do with the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby deathvalleydemon » Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 pm

today was the final straw...

had to collect my doctors note, as you know im appealing at the mo so still have to supply...

i rang and ordered it on wednesday, told them i required it for 8 weeks and it was for fibro/ME

collected it and it was only for 4 weeks, 8 weeks ones help me out a lot so that i dont have to make too many journeys that i dont need, the doctor knows this.
and when i went to my fibro group on tuesday i was told that i shouldnt have been prescribed to take tramadol AND amytriptiline AT THE SAME TIME but my doctor said it was fine.totally denied me access to my medical records as well

my wife bless her, asked at the reception if we could be put under another doctor at the surgery as there are 3. the snotty receptionist then proceeded to ball about it not being ethical to do such a thing and then seemed to get louder discussing my medical problems over the counter infront of a medium sized queue.

so now we are changing doctors. and im worried about how changing it will affect my getting doctors notes for my appeal and my medications.

any ideas folks?

happy friday :)
deathvalleydemon

Postby natbwfc » Fri May 20, 2011 3:53 pm

I cannot believe that they can be so unprofessional as to discuss your medical problems over the counter!!! I don't blame you for changing surgeries.

As for the tramadol, my doctor told me to stop taking them along with amitryptiline (sp). It's due to the sedative effects of them both apparently. It was the first thing he said to me when changing my meds!

Good luck with the new docs!
Cat's are like chocolates, it's hard to just have one!

Too true, I have 3.. Frankie, Bruno & Zico! Always put a smile on my face :-)
natbwfc
UKFM Member

Re: finally changing/now worried!!!!

Postby shazq » Fri May 20, 2011 5:33 pm

:goodluck1: with your new doc, are you changing to a new surgery or just doctors?

You should make an app to go see your new gp to explain what has been happening with your fibro and appeal so if he gets any forms to fill in then he will be up to date what is happening with you.

I have been on Tramadol & Ami`s together in the past but not for fibro. Best take it up with your new gp as well. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: finally changing/now worried!!!!

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri May 20, 2011 6:09 pm

If your concerned then you should always consult your doctor (or new doctor in yours case). I never really worried about it myself, though it is the leaflets that if your taking tramadol and get put onto ami's or the other way round, that you should tell your doctor. Thing is I think that most doctors use
Both together.

Good luck changing your doctors. It's a pain and a problem, however I hope that you strike gold and get a good gp.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to Doctors & Health Services