""Can Photography describe the Experience of Pain?"

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby pat moss » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Invitation to take part in a research study

Do you or your partner suffer from chronic pain? If so, this study might be for you.
This is an invitation to take part in a non-medicinal research study on family life with chronic pain.

About the study

My name is Pat Moss and I am a doctoral research student from the University of Cumbria. I am also a chronic pain sufferer. I will be conducting a study about the issues experienced and the potential breakdown of communication in families where one parent suffers from chronic pain. The aim is to explore what happens to family life and why, and if understanding and communication can be improved with the help of photographs. In order to establish what we live through as a family, I will be interviewing up to five families about their experiences either as a patient or as a family member. Once the interviews have been completed, I will work the information gathered into photographs. All participants will have the opportunity to discuss the pictures in a group meeting to decide if the photographs have the potential to help families communicate more easily. Finally, all the photographs will be exhibited in a gallery to ensure the work can be seen by a wide audience.

Can you take part?

If you or your partner suffers from a chronic pain condition and you are between the ages of ~35-60 and have at least one child 12 years or older living at home, then you could be a potential candidate. You should live in the UK, ideally in the North of England. If you feel you and your family would like to take part, please fill in the questionnaire below. Return the questionnaire to me via email and I will get back to you with more information.

I would like to know more

If you have any questions regarding the study, please contact me on:
• Email: pain.research@mail.com
• Phone: 07825 556597

Thank you.
Sincerely,

Pat Moss
pat moss
UKFM Newbie

Re: ""Can Photography describe the Experience of Pain?"

Postby denys » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Sounds very interesting Pat, unfortuantely I'm not eligable to take part but I'd like to wish you good luck with your project :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: ""Can Photography describe the Experience of Pain?"

Postby pat moss » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Thank you. much appreciated! x x
Sincerely,

Pat Moss
pat moss
UKFM Newbie

Postby MsBabylove11 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:29 pm

I would have loved to help, I'm a busy mum of 4 under the age of 10 an I have had fibro for a few years but symptoms for much longer! 3 years ago I flared up after the 10 year anniversary of my mothers death which started as deep depression and I also had previous to that been attacked on a bus and hit round both sides of my head! The last 2-3 years have strained our relationship to the max! I would love to help but I live in Surrey on the outskirts of london! X jo
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Return to Research