kings college research project

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

kings college research project

Postby bridesmum » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:17 am

Has anyone been contacted by kings college about taking part in a fibromyalgia/chronic widespread pain study. They rang me last week to ask me if I would take part. Apparently I registered online sometime ago although I only have a very vague memory of doing so.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: kings college research project

Postby Tunes » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 am

No. How can i get on these things. Id do anythin to feel better:'(:'(:'(
Tunes
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:45 am

No :( I'd be interested though. Who knows, maybe what they find will be one step closer to figuring this mean illness out?
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby Moobaloo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:51 am

Oh! Y'know, I was wondering about that project recently as I found all the stuff from when I donated blood samples ages ago!

I did post the link on here so people could sign up, so you must have done it then. Did you get a blood kit through the post?

Supporting research into Fibro has gotta be worth it!
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 am

I did all the blood samples a while back. I remember vividly as I had to give some blood anyway and thought I'd do kings ones at the same time. But the nurse didn't like the tubes etc they'd sent. Couldn't work it out. We did in the end but ended up being a lot of blood in one day! Then I signed the form wrong apparently so they contacted me and I had to resign. But worth it if it helps get some answers.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:47 am

I've jiffled you all over into this bit of the forum with the topic being research related. I've also found the Linky to the original topic where info about the project was first mentioned.

Hope it will bring some helpful findings :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby doctoria71 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:18 pm

I did this end of last year beginning of this, never heard a thing back. I still have all the paper work. Last I knew was that they had, had the funding removed.....
I would do it again if they asked.
doctoria71
UKFM Member

Postby bridesmum » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:50 pm

The phone call came out of the blue. In fact I was in Venice when they rang me! It was a bad line and I couldn't hear what she was saying very well. The pack arrived on saturday containing vials for the blood and a cheek swab for dna. If I was able to attend Kings they would do joint aspiration as well.
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Postby momsy05 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes I also gave blood months ago now, and also never heard anything back. I was happy to help :-D , if only they could find a way to make all our lives a little more bearable. :pull-hair:
momsy05
UKFM Member

Postby minxy14 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes I also donated blood to the project quiet a while ago I would love an update from them to let us who have donated blood how the research was going?
minxy14
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lindenp » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:46 pm

I also took part in this research project and like all of you haven't heard anything back. I went on their website and searched for published research results but nothing came up for this one. It would be lovely to know what the results showed if anything. Maybe they haven't got as far as publishing the results yet. Wish they would hurry up, I'm not good at waiting although I should be as our lives with Fibro seems to be mostly about waiting for something! If anyone manages to find anything out it would be good to know.

Gentle Hugs everyone! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Linden
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Return to Research