[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - My Story

My Story

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Story

Postby JayneN » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:03 am

I have struggled with PA and Fibro now for 3 yrs. I am not able to take many of the meds that are available because of an allergy to codeine, asthma, hypothyroid and a genetic blood disorder.

I can only take paracetaol 2 x 4 times per day, an anti-depressant in the morning and before I go to bed for pain relief and twice yearly steroid injections. I feel pretty low, very tired, I can't move much for the constant pain and I admit that I often feel very sorry for myself.

At what was one of my lowest points 2 yrs ago, I signed up to an online course. It was a mad risk. I would have been devastated if they had rejected me, but they didn't. I think that I did it because I didn't want my brain to die too. As part of the coursework I have created a website (using voice recognition software because my fingers don't work too well these days) that looks at different types of arthritis and tries to explain all the stuff that for the last 3 years has totally bamboozled me.

I was stunned by how much the Fibro page actually related to me and how I feel. Because conventional treatment isn't available to me I decided to look at what natural remedies and complementary therapies might do for me instead. I admit it never occurred to me to try any of them until now. Believe me I am going to try them all! Surely something must work. If anything has worked for anybody please use the site to tell everybody about it. I for one really need to find something that can help me to get out of the brain-fog and forgetfulness and all of the other stuff that makes me and those around me think I am going crazy.

To look at my site, go to arthritis-support.weebly.com or arthritis-support.wikispaces.com. It would be great and worthwhile to me if it helped anybody else out there to understand stuff that bamboozles them.
JayneN
UKFM Newbie

Re: My Story

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jayne :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:00 pm

:welcome: Jayne Sorry to hear how things are for you :wave: Lots of advice, info and support on here, hope you'll find some of it helpful.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Jayne :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello