[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Like to speak to anyone with ME/Fibro and more...

Like to speak to anyone with ME/Fibro and more...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Like to speak to anyone with ME/Fibro and more...

Postby lainey71 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:24 pm

hi everybody
i am new here i am a married mother of 3 young children aged 10,8 and 6
i have only just been diagnosed with fibro and hadnt even heard of it untill 2 weeks ago
i have been ill for some years i also have epilepsy which isnt helping my husband is very
understanding and really helpfull but i do feel like such a burden sometimes its so distressing
im experiencing a lot of mood swings at present and dont know if this is a symptom of it as i havnt
been told any of the symptoms really i was just given a very basic leaflet and told to deal with it
im on a lot of meds gabapentin,amitriptyline,topamax,tramadol,propranonal,baclofen and dothiepin
and none seems to work i had a full body bone scan yesterday and a conductive nerve test today so 2 trips to hospital
in 2 days has tired me out
feeling really down at the moment :(
lainey71
UKFM Newbie

Re: Like to speak to anyone with ME/Fibro and more...

Postby denys » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Lainey and :welcome: to the forum, yes mood swings are quite typical if there is anything typical about FM, you dont say how long you have been on all of the meds but it can seem to take a good while before you start to feel any benefit so if its less than a couple of weeks then I would suggest you keep going with them if its more then go back and ask for a med review as there are lots of different things they can try :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lainey :wave: ( i have moved your post into here to get it noticed more. :wave: )
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:54 pm

hi :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome to our own little world of fibro :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 am

:wave: lainey and :welcome: to forum glad you found us. Everyone is so friendly on here.
:hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :flowers:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Lainey :wave: and :welcome: to the forum, sorry you are feeling down at the moment, we are all here to support you as much as we can. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lainey71 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:15 pm

thanks everybody for you replies and messages of support it really helps having people to talk to
who understand exactly what you are going through
in reply to denys ive been on amitriptyline for nearly 10 years and im on 100 mg of that per night
gabapentin and baclofen ive been taking for 12 months and tramadol for 6 months
i have also been suffering with a really sore mouth and tongue for the last 6 weeks and its made worse
whenever i eat so could anybody please shed any light on that if its anything to do with the condition
i havnt got a very helpfull gp either and thats not helping me
lainey71
UKFM Newbie

Postby angie51 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Is there anyone on here from warminster that has fibro if so pls come and say hi :D :needhug:
angie51
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Angie and :welcome: to the forum
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello