[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - help needed plz

help needed plz

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help needed plz

Postby littlepetal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:52 pm

hi im really new to this site and this illness i was going thru investigations for m.s but finally got diagnosed for fm not sure where how or if i can get any kind of heklp or support my poor family are worried as i may have to cut my hours down from full time to part time because i work on a ward at the local hospital and they aint familar with fm or its affects plz someone help :dunno:
littlepetal
UKFM Newbie

Re: help needed plz

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Hello littlepetal :welcome: to the forum :wave:

There is a lot of advice and info on here, if you have a look thru some of the posts you could find some answers to questions you'll no doubt have. And you can always ask about anything you're unsure about, we'll try to help you with it.

For trying to explain what FM is like to family, friends and work colleagues, have a look at threads called "One for the Non Believers" and "The Spoon Theory", people have found that getting others to read then helps to get across an idea of what FM is like to live with.

FM is covered under the Equalities Act, which replaced the Disability Discrimination Act, so the hospital where you work should be able to have a look at your duties and see what they can do to help make things better for you. You'll probably need to talk with someone to start things off.

Support wise for you, there could be an FM support group in your area where you could meet up with fellow fibromites, and we do all we can to support each other on the forum as well. For help that you might need, there could be some local organisations that could give you some advise as to what might be available.

As I said, anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
Like fluppy said any questions just ask, we are a friendly bunch and do what we can to support each other. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm

hi :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
welcome to our own little world of fibro :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby littlepetal » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

thanks for all your warm welcomes yes ive got ocupational heath at work and they are very good but from what has been said so far the ward i work on aint to happy at wat ocupational have said about my work and my hours so look like a battle on my hands :nono:
littlepetal
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Hi Littlepetal and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello