[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone - I'm new (South West Uk)

Hello everyone - I'm new (South West Uk)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone - I'm new (South West Uk)

Postby BusyMumof5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:30 pm

Hello everyone..

I'm a busymumof5, or at least, I used to be!
My symptoms have been getting worse over a period of 3 years now, with me only really finding out about Fibro a year ago then going to the Gp to express my concerns.
It was shrugged off as a 'busy lifestyle' and 'stress'

I am now practically disabled and still not being listened to! (Gp appointment on Friday, NOW my husband is coming in with me and fighting my corner for me.. as I don't have the strength to do this anymore!)

Just recently (Saturday 11th June) I woke up in agony, having not done much at all on Friday I was a little puzzled, but it was sods law I spent one of my child's 5th birthday in agony!!!
It felt like I had pulled each and every muscle, every step was pure agony and I felt bruised all over!

I am looking for ANY helpful hints and tips on making a GP listen, I even tried a different GP who said 'What's the point in diagnosing something that can't be treated?'

I feel like a fraud, posting on a forum when I am not diagnosed!
I am also under going testing for Endometriosis, I've had swabs now ultrasounds now being referred to a gynecologist and possibly even laparscopic surgery!
I have also read just recently though that Endometriosis is linked with the likes of CFS / Fibromyalgia!

Looking forward to chatting to you all ~ Gentle hugs xx
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma and much much more!
BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone - I'm new (South West Uk)

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
When you see your GP on Fri you should ask about fibro have you mentioned it before to them? It can take a long time to get a dx of fibro as they have to rule out other things, fibro does not show up in any tests so it will always be last on the list.
You could ask your gp to refer you to a Rheumy.

:goodluck1: with your app...keep us updated. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby BusyMumof5 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Thanks hun.. I used to be chronically anaemic and she does keep testing my blood, each and every time nothing shows up and each and every time she repeats the bloods in a few weeks and still nothing ever shows up!

This time my husband will come in with me and voice it all because I am tired of fighting and being made out to be a lier or hypocondriact x
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma and much much more!
BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

There's not really much I can add to what shaz has already said. For tips on how to manage with something like FM, the best thing to do is look thru the posts on here as it affects us all so differently and we each have our own ways of dealing with it. And of course you can always ask about anything you want to know.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, dont worry about not being diagnosed yet as lots join us after looking for an answer and tripping over us as Flup has said I think Shaz has covered just about everything I would say so all I'll add is :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :goodluck1: with your appointment
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby BusyMumof5 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:44 am

Thanks so much... I am led in bed.. aching and yawning but can't drop off.. another joy of this condition eh? Insomnia.. Ugh! :(
BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:22 am

hi :wave:
welcome to the forum

hope you find it helpful :wine: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 pm

:wave: from1 mum to another

All members and moderators on this forum are v welcoming and helpful when asking strange questions cos something is going on with you and u think you might be a little bit :crazy: Def true that u have to be slightly :crazy: to 'survive' everyday fibro life :lol: Hope all goes well with your up coming drs appt. Hope our paths cross in the future
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby BusyMumof5 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Thank you so much everyone.. It's so great to be here already :) x
BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Postby Wendo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello and WELCOME! I'm new to the forum too but have had fibromyalgia for well over 20yrs, my 1st GP wasn't very sympathetic and told me it was all in my head ( he had said the same thing about my chronic stomach pains and they turned out to be Crohns disease :( ) Life sure does like to give us a challenge...lol
Crohn's sufferer for 28yrs Fibromyalgia sufferer for over 20yrs.
Wendo
UKFM Member

Postby BusyMumof5 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Aww gosh hun.. :(

Sorry to hear about your GP.. I'm hoping not to suffer that long x
BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:55 am

:welcome: to the forum :wave: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby BusyMumof5 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm

BusyMumof5
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello