[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie & so happy to have found this Forum.

Newbie & so happy to have found this Forum.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie & so happy to have found this Forum.

Postby Lindy Lou » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:15 am

Hi,
I can't begin to say how thankful I am to have found this Forum. It's wonderful to know that I'm neither going mad or a hypochondriac. I am originally from Warrington but have been living in Ireland since 1983. About 7yrs ago I started to get flu like symptoms with nothing developing and dreadful fatigue. About a 2 years ago I started to get dreadful pains in my joints, even my big toe joint didn't escape. I was already attending a hospital for Osteoarthritis in my spine and hip. Each time I had a visit to the clinic I would mention these symptoms and was told that they had nothing to do with the Osteo and that was that. On one of my visits, and by the way I very very seldom saw the same Dr. twice, I asked him why was I in so much pain, he smirked and replied that I was a whinger. You can imagine how I felt. With the result I never mentioned it to my G.P as I felt that I was now a hypochondriac. On each visit I asked to be referred to a Rheumatologist and was told that there was no need that they were looking after me. I spoke to my Physiotherapist whom I was attending at the hospital and she recommended I say that she would like me to be referred to a Rheumatologist. That worked. On Thursday I went to be assessed by a Rheumatology Physio who determines whether you need to be referred. She diagnosed my Fibromyalgia and said that there was no need to see the Rheumatologist, she gave me a leaflet to read and said there was nothing more they could do. I now feel so alone but at least I am now on this forum with people who understand.
Many thanks for reading this.
Lindy Lou.
Nothing is as bad as it seems.
Lindy Lou
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newbie & so happy to have found this Forum.

Postby pixiecat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:14 am

HI Lindylou

:welcome: you are definately not alone, and you will find that quite a few of us have had similar problems with docs and others who have fantastic ones, just dont give up
:hugs:

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby denys » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Lindy Lou and :welcome: to the forum, unfortuantely your story is not unique it's sad but true that many of us were diagnosed and then left in limbo, go back to see your GP who should have had a letter telling them about the diagnosis and see if they will start you on some meds to try to give you some relief and if you ever see the smirker again tell him to boil his head :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lindy Lou

You will find lots of info on the forum, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lindy Lou :wave:

This linky will give some more info about fibro and the different meds used to try and manage it I know you've said you're in Ireland, so some of the meds and things mentioned might be known under names, but hopefully it will help you be a bit more prepared for when you need to see your GP to discuss meds and treatments and things :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Like shaz has said, there is a lot of info and advice on here. If you get chance to look thru some of the posts, you may find some answers to things you're wondering about. And of course, you can always ask about anything you want to know. We'll try to help you with it as well as bringing a touch of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to your day :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello