[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi i am a newbie with questions please help

hi i am a newbie with questions please help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi i am a newbie with questions please help

Postby tnissan38 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 pm

hi i am tracey . I am 47 and have two grown up boys and been married for 25years . i am just in the process of being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. But also checking for bursitis. At the moment i am waiting for an appointment for a injection into my cocyx and really not looking forward to that , but because i have been getting lots of pain in it they going to see if helps.I myself after reading about bursitis and fibromyalgia thinks more the latter . i have been under rheaumatologist for about 6 years cos of aches and pains but in the last 8 months i have been in constant pain all over my body . Epecially knees ,lower back and buttocks ,shoulders and arms cannot really lift up cos of the pain . Cannot support my body with hands or arms without letting out a scream . My husband has now to help me in and out of bath but think i will head more towards showers has that bad . For years i have suffered with IBS . i get lots of migraines sometimes 2 or 3 a day . I get numbness in my fingers and some toes . And though the pain is really bad at the moment and gets me down not sleeping at night is a killer so tired but pain horrendous . Because i cannot just roll over in bed i have to somehow sit up lift my hips then turn them and slowly try lower myself down . Very sorry for the long read but if any one can tell me what they think to my symptoms and if typical of fibromyalgia would help loads . then at least i have some idea for when go back to consultant THANKS VERY MUCH TRACEY X
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: hi i am a newbie with questions please help

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:04 pm

:welcome:
Hi Tracey, i am surprised your Rheumy has not given you a dx of fibro after showing the symptoms.
Rheumy`s are the ones who the gp`s send us to to get the dx.

Alot of the symptoms you describe could be fibro but its impossible for us to say. Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
Have a good read around the forum and any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:40 pm

hi tracy
welcome to the forum
you do sound like us but as shaz said we can't say you have it
:fingerscrossed: you will get some answers soon
but its good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tnissan38 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks loubie . i feel i will be spending lots of time on here . And very glad this forum available cause up to know its like hitting brick wall with gp and rheaumy . i feel i will be getting back in touch with them again very soon . In the mean time i am awaiting the appointment for injection into cocyx , really not looking forward to that and to ask for injection into a bursa to rule that out . Thanks again for the reply tracey xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 am

:welcome: to the forum tracey :wave:

Sorry to hear what you're going thru at the moment :hugs: Unfortunately, what you've said about it being like :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: with your gp and rheumy is something that a lot of people have gone thru :facepalm: :facepalm: There are good ones out there, but it's so difficult to find them :swear1: :swear1:

Hope you can get a definite dx soon and get started on a proper treatment program :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tnissan38 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:16 am

Thanks fluppypuffy apreciate that . it is now 3.15 in the morning and i am already up climbing the walls . feel so tired and frusrated wish i could sleep .
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:47 pm

good luck with the injection :fingerscrossed: it works for you
but have to say sooner you than me :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Tracy and :welcome: to the forum, as Loubie says :goodluck1: with the injection :fingerscrossed: hope it helps :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tnissan38 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks to you all for the comments appreciated . And i take no one offering to take my place for the injection :( :( . Is a symptom of fibro fingers going numb cos happened 3 times today . if dont feel any better over weekend gonna be making another appointment to see rheaumy , because after the meds review last week its even worse than befor . thanks again and take care xxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Numbness, pins and needles etc are often part of FM.

Why do you need to see the rheumy about a meds review?? Can your gp not look at them for you??

If you've only recently changed or increased any of your meds, they can take a while to get into your system and start to make a difference. Depending on the med, it can be from a couple of weeks up to 2 or 3 months for some people. Maybe you need to give things a little longer to see if they make a difference to you :? :?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tnissan38 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi everyone what it is i have been on meds for long time under rheamy ie cocodamol, diclofenac, hydroxychloriquin, and amitriptyline 25mg which was originally given to me for IBS to relax my stomach . But has my pain progressed they put me on tramadol instead of cocodamol and doubled my amitriptyline to 50mg has well has other tablets i take . i had been on this combination for about 3 to 4 months with still no sleep and little releif , and then when i put my repeat prescription in gp decides to tell me cannot take these together they dangerous how they react. I have now been took back off tramadol back onto cocodamol which make me constipated , not good either with IBS, and took off diclofenac replaced by ib ubrofen . And at min really aching and pain constantly . I think what it is really i need to see dif gp has one i see bit set in ways . And i know i really should be more patient for them to work , its just when you dont get some relief from aching and hurting does your head it . But then you all know about that . SORRY FOR THE MOAN and wish you all well xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 am

Morn to all

:welcome: and pull up a chair :lol: You will find that members and moderators alike are very welcoming and will try and answer any Qs that you might have. Even if you think it makes you sound a bit :crazy: for asking, plz don't be put off. No1 will make you feel small and will try to help you in anyway that they can. Hope our paths cross in the future and try and look after urself as best as u can Lots of gentle :hugs: from me to u
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby tnissan38 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:20 pm

hi and can i say i love the name ouchisme lol . And thanks for that i appreciate it . The forum is great has the people who know the most are those going through it THANKS AGAIN TRACEY XXX
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello