A rather shaky hello.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A rather shaky hello.

Postby xxfibeexx » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:03 am

Hi,

I received a fibromyalgia diagnosis on Wednesday this week and it was rather a shock! Am now feeling relief at having a diagnosis and the more I read the more I realise how many symptoms I have had and do have. Am also feeling very scared, had a few tears. Glad to have found this site and to be able to read other people's experiences.

Fi
xxfibeexx
UKFM Member

Re: A rather shaky hello.

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:36 am

:welcome: to the forum fibee :wave:

It is a lot to take in but you have come to the right place for help and support so dont feel scared.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Fi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:52 am

:welcome: to the forum fibee :wave:

Glad you've found us :chicken-dance: How you're feeling at the moment is quite normal when you found out about FM as there is so much to take in and get used to. It takes some time, but you will find your way thru it :hugs: :hugs:

There is a lot of advice and info on here, as well as a lot of support and just a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to help you get thru the day.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby xxfibeexx » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank you all.

Think having bad pain day, waking up with the sweats and trying to read up on everything send me into a bit of a wobble this morning. It is a bit weird going from, thinking I have something mechanical wrong with my back and that other aches and pains were because I was walking funny, to finding out I have this.

There is tons of info here and the forums look fabulous. Thank you for being so welcoming
Fi
xxfibeexx
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

take your time trying to absorb all the info Fi, if you find you have a specific question and cant find any info just ask, someone will hopefully be able to answer it for you eventually, sometimes answers can be a little slow coming due to bad days etc. but we tend to get there eventually :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:14 pm

hi fi :wave:
welcome to our very own world of fibro
the only place that ever truly understands all our very :crazy: illness

it will take time for you to come to terms with your dx
been just 2 years for me,still trying to get my head round it :crazy: :crazy:

welcome again, just ask anything and we will try and answer as best we can :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby SuziM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Hi Fi,
I was diagnosed on Saturday (My rheumy works weekends ...NHS at its best) and I'm feeling the same as you. I always thought my aches and pains were due to the fact my pelvis is misaligned because of an issue with differing leg length. I suspect that this is the reason I've got FM, along with having lax-ligaments and numerous small traumas over the years. Having someone give me a diagnosis is a little surreal after all these years of being passed back and forth from GP to consultant to physio and then back again! I'm currently using crutches (and writst splints 'cos the crutches aggrivate my thumbs/wrists), so it's quite 'nice' to be able to say to people 'no I've not just been clumsy again, I have Fibromyalgia'. Good Luck with your future treatments, and keep posting ...I'm interested in how you get on!!
x :goodluck1:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello