[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - RIBS

RIBS

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RIBS

Postby tnissan38 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi can anyone tell me if pain in the ribs are a symptom . I have been swimming today and my arms and shoulder is more painful tonight even though i dont really do much in the water just float really in the lovely warm water . But through the day today my ribs hurt too ? THANKS TRACEY XX
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: RIBS

Postby denys » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:45 am

Hi Tracy, lots of members have problems with rib pain but if this is something new please go and get it checked out as you should never just put things down to FM :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Tracey
You might of overdone it swimming, it does not take much to start a fibro flare.
But like Denys said all new symptoms should be checked by your GP. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tnissan38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:29 pm

THANKS will do i gonna make an appointment for tomo any , has did not sleep with pain one bit last night just getting worse . xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:01 pm

have you any gel rub for the pain round your ribs :?:
that's what i use, painful to put on as its cold as well
but it dose ease it a bit :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tnissan38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 pm

THANKS FOR THAT ADVISE and loubie i will try some gel rub xxxx tracey
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 pm

hope it works :fingerscrossed:
it don't take it away but it makes mine more comfortable :)
i can't put anything like heat pads or wheat bags on it as can't stand any thing
on it :yikes: to painful :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby tnissan38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 pm

cheers loubie will try it xxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby ru3ies » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi Tracey,I too am a new member and although it's not good to be suffering with FM, it is good (at last) to know that all the things I feel are not new and that lots of others have the same symtoms. I get the pains in my ribs, mainly in the end of the day. I feel that if possible a gentle stretch with my arm going over my head does give some relief. I appreciate this might be too painful for you but my physio does say it's good to do some stretching if you can. Hope you find something to help, lots of love Anne
ru3ies
UKFM Newbie

Postby tnissan38 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 pm

THANK YOU ANNE i will try that too . although at the moment raising my arm to get dressed and undressed at min hard . But when poss i will have a go . Sometimes mine feels as though a rib has knotted with another one and you dare not move for a bit . I agree it makes a lot of difference just knowing others are the same and can give advice . Thanks again tracey xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello