[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - re,numbness.

re,numbness.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

re,numbness.

Postby teafortwo1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi im michael and new to site,so ,just learning my way around.Just wonder if anyone like me gets numbness in arms and hands while asleep.doctors have taken months to tell me ive got fibromyalgia,It would be great to make new friends.help in how to use site would be good too,mike
teafortwo1
UKFM Member

Re: re,numbness.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum michael :wave: :wave:

I've shuffled your post into where to say hello as you'll get more response here. Numbness, pins and needles and other similar sensations are a part of FM for a lot of us. However, if this is something new for you, we always suggest having it checked out just to be certain there isn't anything else causing the problem.

There is a lot to get used to when you're told you have FM, so it can take a while for it to sink in and start to make sense to you. To find your way around the forum, the best thing is to just click on the various boards and have an explore thru the numerous topics on here. You might find some helpful stuff as you go thru things :lol: :lol: And there's usually someone around if you want to know anything :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm

:welcome: To the forum michael :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SuziM » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi...
I get numbness in my arms during the night quite often...I just put it down to 'sleeping funny', but it does wake me up...amongst other things(!) I'm newly diagnosed with FM, so not really up on all the symptoms but it does seem like it could be connected...or maybe I'm just blaming FM for everything now!!

Good luck...and get it checked out with your doctor if it's bothering you! We do seem to be an odd bunch don't we!?!?! :crazy:
SuziM
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 pm

hi :wave: welcome to the forum :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Hi Michael, and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:07 pm

HI welcome to fibro world :wave:

I too get numbness but it usually happens when I curl up on the couch to watch tv, funny thing is its not the leg that
I am sat on its the one on top :dunno: , it goes numb especially my big toe, then the pins and needles start when I
move, but the toe stays numb for a while, I have told my doctor who has checked me out as like everyone else
says if its new check it out

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby tnissan38 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 pm

hi micheal I am still waiting for my diagnosis just waiting while they go through all the eliminating all otherscauses of symptoms. Even though they all say it more likely it is fm . Keep looking through the posts , i have only been on the site about a week but the advise i have been given is very helpful . Take care and hope you find it helpful xx tracey
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby teafortwo1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 pm

thanks everyone for replys and great imfo.cant send u all a message as dont now how too,lol.help.
teafortwo1
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 pm

What sort of message are you wanting to send michael :?: :?:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby teafortwo1 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:54 pm

hi fluffpuppy.just private thanks to all that replyed to my numbness thing i wrote on post.like to thank u also.mike
teafortwo1
UKFM Member

Postby teafortwo1 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 pm

lol.fluppypuffy.u can tell im forgetting things.
teafortwo1
UKFM Member

re,numbness.

Postby bexfitz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi, welcome to the forum! U will find loads of helpful advice not just about symptoms, but also how to manage them. It is a steep learning curve to deal with, but there is always someone here who can help. Good luck and welcome again.
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 pm

If you want to send a pm to someone about a specific post on a thread, there is a pm button on the right hand side of their post, under the bit where their screen name, avatar, number of posts etc that they've made. Doing this will quote the post that they've made and come up with the title of the thread as the title of the pm.

If you want to send a normal pm, if you click on the screen name, it will take you into their profile and you can send a pm to them from there. If you want to send the same pm to several people, you can add their screen names, saves you having to type the same message out many many times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope that makes some sense :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

Hi Michael

I've suffered from numbness down both arms and legs for a v v v long time. When i wake up it feels like i can't move at all and have to wait for my limbs to 'wake up'. All i've been told for, for yrs is that its neurological :dunno: I have been offered an appt with a neurologist, but my answer was, 'can ..... sort it out and stop my numbness, or be able to give me meds to make my limbs have more feeling?' The answer was no so i didnt see the point in going then. I've had a brain scan and they found 1 so that'll do me :lol: I see it as just another reason y i'm special :lol:
Hope our paths cross again. They're a great bunch of ppl here, always friendly and welcoming. So from me to u :wave:
I hope u've had a fairly good wkend and that ur looking after urself proper
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello