hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello

Postby natasha76 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 pm

hi my name is natasha i am new to all this and would love to meet peole with fibromyalia. I ave was dianosed 5 yrs ago and ave suffered ever since! would love to b able to chat. many thanks.xx
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum natasha :wave: :wave:

As well as lots of info and advice on here, we are a :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: bunch who try to support each other thru the rubbish stuff and celebrate when something good happens :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a look around and see what there is, and if you want to know anything, just ask :cup1: :cup1: There will be someone around to try and help you, and if all else fails we can get out the guilt and calorie free [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :easteregg: :easteregg: :easteregg: :easteregg: :easteregg: :easteregg: and wash it all down with the :wine: :wine: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: guaranteed not to give you a hangover :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Natasha and :welcome: to the forum, hope we can supply some answers to any questions you may have :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi natasha :welcome: to the forum.
You have come to the right place for help & support & to meet new friends :wave:
Any questions just ask, looking forward to chatting :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 pm

hi natasha :wave:
welcome to the mad house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i am the sane one :wine: the rest are all :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby natasha76 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:19 am

thank u 4 all ur replys lookin forward 2 talkin 2 u all! wen i work it out not very good on a computer lol!
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Postby viota » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

welcome natasha :) gentle :hugs:
viota
UKFM Member

Postby natasha76 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:44 pm

hello everyone its natasha again. im really strugglin at moment docs don't seen 2 b abel 2 help as usual!lol just wondered how everyone else copes with this nasty illness and any tips really. thank u. :Dxx
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:54 pm

What is it you're struggling with Natasha?? If it's meds wise, if you've only just started taking them, they can take a while to build up in your system before you feel any benefit from them. Or if you've been on them for a while then your system might have got used to them, so seeing your doc for a review might help :dunno: :dunno:

If it's something to do with a particular problem such as pain or fatigue, as it affects us all so individually, bombarding you with general tips wouldn't be helpful as none of them might help you. For something particular, have a look thru some of the other posts as there may be something in them that helps you. And if you can't see anything that might help, just ask about it and we'll see what we can come up with to try and help you.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby natasha76 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

hi i'm really strugglin with cronic pain and anxitey. have been on meds 4 yrs nothing seems 2 work! feel like this from the moment a wake till i finally sleep! really nice to speak 2 u hope u don't mind me askin questions just need sum advice and help. i know we all feel different but feel talkin 2 other people in same situation may help. thank u 4 takin time 2 reply.xx
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi Natasha, we all know where you are coming from and sympathise. Some of us try meditation type techniques to help with the pain/anxiety, trying to take the mind off things with music or hobbies. Hot water bottles or wheat bags, warm baths, pampering sessions that sort of thing and pestering your doc till they try something else. Dont let them fob you off :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby natasha76 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:03 am

hi deneys yea don't u feel like ur bein fobbed off think my doc thinks i'm nuts. :lol: so glad i ave joined this groud didn't think there was so many of us out there :) its so nice to ave people who understand at last.x
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 am

It's surprising just how many of us do have FM, when I was first dx'd I thought it might just be me, it was only thru searching online I found out more about it and just how many others have it as well.

This linky is about the meds used in trying to manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx Try talking to your gp about what could be of help to you. If you still feel you're being fobbed off, then try and see a different doc who will hopefully be more helpful and understanding :hugs: :hugs:

I think there have been some posts about relaxation/meditation type things being free to download, maybe trying a search online could bring up some things you could try :dunno: :dunno:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby natasha76 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 pm

hello every 1 just wondered if any of u suffered from digestive problems??
natasha76
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello