I am a Newbie...I have had fibro for 9 years

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I am a Newbie...I have had fibro for 9 years

Postby bertiebeast » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi there everyone
I am Lisa AKA bertiebeast (funny name, its what my husband calls my cat) :D

I was diagnosed with Fibro in 2002, yes a very long time ago. I have had alot of ups and many downs..lots of times when I have felt fantastic but times when I am feeling soooo achy, fatigue, spaced out etc there are still times when I feel in denial about fibro. Its that old cliche I suppose that because you look well people assume you are.

I am currently having a relapse. My mum died in Feb this year at the age of 64. She died very suddenly of a heart rupture. Emotionally I have been all over the place and the fatigue and spaced out feeling along with chronic ear problems and achiness has returned in full form.

Would love to chat to anyone . I am a therapist by profession, married to a teacher we have two children and foster two boys.

My facebook name is Lisa Creasey look me up
Big hugs to everyone
Lisa x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
bertiebeast
UKFM Newbie

Re: I am a Newbie...I have had fibro for 9 years

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:00 pm

:wave: Lisa :welcome: to the forum :chicken-dance:

I've removed your email address from your post so you don't start getting spammed with lots of unwanted rubbish, which has happened before now :yikes: :yikes: We've got a thread where members have posted their FB names and things, I'll have a root thru things and post the linky so you can see who else is on there.

I wasn't sure who was going to have posted when I saw your name, I'm just glad my OH doesn't call me some of the names he has for our doglet :dogchasecat1:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some of it helpful :fingerscrossed: If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bertiebeast » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes we have dogs too...three of them.
I note you too are in Nottinghamshire. We have been living in Notts for 8 years now. I am originally from Devon. Never had any fibro symptoms living there
xx
bertiebeast
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:45 pm

I'm in North Notts, we moved here 25 years ago from Sheffield. I'm still trying to find the facebook thread, soooo many things to look thru :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:54 pm

:woot: :woot: FB thread, if you add yourself to it and pm details to others, it should be safer than things being on the open forum for all to see http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6987&start=105

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lisa. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Hi Lisa and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello