new to site, looking for people in my area

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to site, looking for people in my area

Postby kale » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Hi All
totally new to the forum, so excuse if i don't post correctly!!Was dx just last month, after a year of pains exhaustion ect, and am lucky to be diagnosed so quickly. :D

Am sat at work just now scrolling thru the forum to try and perk myself up, am exhausted, cracking headache, and nausea, and just looking for some inspiration... :mrgreen:

Saw my Gp in January after losing the whole of decmeber to ill health; have tried the Amytrp and found i couldn't use it after 6 weeks due to the horrendous nightmare, have been on diclefenic with dihydrochodeine, which has exacerbated stomach problems and was no help at all...have seen consultant and after he wrote to my Gp am now trying duloxetien...has anyone tried this stuff??i feel wrecked on it after just 1 day...am awaiting phyiso, but feel very much that i've been left to get on with it..no-one except me has mentioned the pain clinic as i said am not prepared to take such strong drugs for the rest of my life.

.am usually a glass- half -full person, but am really struggling just now trying to stay awake, not throw up on my laptop, and do my job.. have a very helpful boss, but am really wondering where the heck i'll be in another year's time, and feeling no better...am 44 yr old with 3 grown sons, and live in far flung Scotland...just waiting for the local fm group to get back in touch with me...well, sorry for the rant but needed to say summat...Kale :crazy:
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into smaller paragraphs for easier reading
kale
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to site, looking for people in my area

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 pm

:wave: Kale and :welcome:

I've split your post up a little to make it easier for us to read, quite a few of us on hear struggle with reading sizeable chunks in one go.

Sounds like you're having fun trying to find some meds that suit you, it can take some time with a bit of trial and error to find the right mix that works for you. I haven't tried duloxetine yet, so I don't have any advice for you about it, I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: There will probably be someone on here who has tried it and might have some advice for you. What you're feeling at the moment may be a side effect with it being a new med :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: These tend to ease off after a while, hopefully when it's in your system it will help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot of advice and info on here, so have a look thru things, you may find some answers to things you were wondering about. If there is anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kale » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Fluffypuppy!

thanks for sorting out the rant...!!! Will eventually get the hang of things, as my head can't concentrate that long either...

Am really pleased I found this site, long before i was diagnosed, and I knew the sort of meds/help I could ask for when i eventually saw the consultant, and the info was reliable, so thanks to all the folk out there :lol:

Like you say i think i was gripped in the middle of side-effects and am felling a little better just now, but that's probably also due to the roaring wood-stove we have on, as it's not that nice here just now!!

Will be checking in regularly as it's been useful to see other people's posts, and know i'm not on me own...I have only met 1 other person up here with fm, and due to location/work patterns we don't see one-another very often, so this forum is good for knowing what's going on, and know that there's no-one judging anyone on here...very refreshing!!

I'll put a sock in it now and trawl through the forum for some info!!
Cheers
kale :lol:
kale
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Kale and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi Kale :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kale » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 am

Hi all
thanks for the very warm welcome :clap:

Having a quiet day today, trying to sort out a work schedule for tomorrow, whilst watching daytime tv!!!

anyway, will keep looking in for advice/inspriration, and hopefully, put up some useful posts meself!
take care folks
Kale
kale
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Bee22, the op whose hello thread you also said hello on has asked for it to be split into 2 separate threads, so you've now got your own hello thread :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello