does it just get worse over time

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

does it just get worse over time

Postby tnissan38 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi all i am just waiting to have some more tests done even though fm is what they say i more than likly got . i am in lots of pain all time and so tired. But was wondering after reading quite a few stories and comments you have all put , does it just get gradually worse over time and years or can we start to feel better or normal again . just wondered with the folk who have had it years . how you started and how it has progressed got worse or any better .THANKS TRACEY XXXX
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: does it just get worse over time

Postby shazq » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi Tracey
Everyone is different, some people do get stages where they do get good days/weeks but then you get others that will have pain everyday like myself.

I have found with myself i have got worse over time, when i got flares i never recovered from them, where some people will. With me i am still getting more and more symptoms :facepalm:

I have had to give up work, i have to use a walking stick as i fall over,i dont know now much more i will deteriorate :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 pm

I've definitely got worse over time. I don't recover from a flare, the pain levels from the flare become my new "normal" and things bobble along until the next one hits me :shock: :shock: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's been like this from day one, I've not had a pain free time since things started to appear.

Like shaz has said, some people have times when they feel better for a few days or weeks, but a lot of us have pain and other things all the time :( FM affects us all so differently which means you can really predict what will happen, all we can do is take things day-by-day and work with what is dealt to us :dunno: :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Me too, definitely got worse. not much more to add to Shaz and flups replies though :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tnissan38 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:55 pm

thanks for that info it was i was just wondering . wishing you all some days with relief xxxx Tracey xx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:22 pm

You too Tracy :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Same to you as well Tracey :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby McVinster » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:06 am

I have to add my FM seems to have settled lately now that I'm on Amitriptyline. I do have flares, but it seems that it takes about a week to recover from a medium one, maybe 2 for a serious flare, but it does settle down again. In the days after a flare I do have to watch for anything that will set me off again and prolong the flare, everything from stress levels, even getting too excited about something, to food and how I sit, so all I can recommend is when it's possible, take a day off after any flare (or regularly if you get the chance anyway), do as little as possible, relax with whatever you can.

:fingerscrossed: things don't keep getting too bad for all of you.

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:09 am

It sounds like you've got some control over your FM with the amis, which is fab :woot: :woot: I hope things stay as they are for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby viota » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm

mine does seem to be getting worse as well as my ME.
viota
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello