Newly Diagnosed 

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly Diagnosed 

Postby Snow White » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Hello,
I'm a 29 year old female who has had ME/Cfs since I was about 17 years, although only diagnosed in 2006. I have been forced to leave work due to my illness which is controllingand ruining my life. I feel like a second class citizen. I struggle with anxiety and depression due to finding it difficult living with a chronic illness, which no body can see or understand. My muscles and joints have been increaseingly more painful and walking is difficult. This week I had an assessment from a rheumatology consultant who diagnosed fibromyalgia, as I had a classic clinical history and nearly all tender points on examination. She said I had ALL symptoms! I thought I would feel better having a diagnosis of a more recognised chronic illness but instead I just feel hopeless. Again there's no cure and unlike CFS, there's no hope of recovering from it. So what now... Ive got to live in immense pain, exhaustion etc...for ever. I live at home as can't work to pay rent/mortage and the possibility of me having kids is nil as I could never cope looking after them. My life is not mine. I am not in control of it. The annoying thing is I'm a nice person who's had their fair share of crap growing up. I deserve happiness, while horrible people live full active lives doing what ever they jolly well want to. It's not fair. Sorry for moaning. I know everyone on here has illhealth to put up with.
Snow White
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly Diagnosed 

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum Snow White :chicken-dance:

I hope it will help you a little to know that you're not alone with how you're thinking and feeling at the moment :hugs: The things that you've said are pretty typical of how people have reacted/responded to the FM dx. And as for the sort of person you are, again yours is a very similar story to lots of us on here :grouphug:

Don't ever worry about having a moan on here, we all understand how FM affects you and sometimes the only way you can let it out is with others that know what you're going thru.

It's true that there isn't a cure for FM at the moment, only management, but that doesn't mean you can't have a life. With some patience and working thru meds with a bit of trial and error, it is possible to find a mix of things that works for you so you can get some of that control back from it. As for having children in the future, don't write that off either. There are people on here who have had babies even tho they have FM and they finds ways to manage and be good parents. Some have said that during pregnancy their symptoms reduced greatly, with the odd few saying that their pain etc had virtually gone :yikes: :yikes: So don't give up hope :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There is a lot of info on here, so have a look thru and see what there is, it may help answer some of those questions that tend to leap into your head at the most random of times :facepalm: :facepalm: And you can always ask about anything you want to know, there's usually someone who has had an experience similar to what you are asking about :flowers: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Snow white and :welcome: as Flup has said you arent alone with the way you are thinking but there is hope and FM cango into remission so dont give up. You never know they may find a combination of drugs/therapies that suit you perfectly and you could have years living pain free, on the other hand if that doesnt happen then there are things you will still be able to enjoy, you just have to find the right ones for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Snow White » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Thank you for your kind words x
Snow White
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:16 am

:wave: :wave: :welcome: :needhug:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello