[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi i'm new and need advice please.

Hi i'm new and need advice please.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Hi i'm new and need advice please.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:44 pm

Good days are always nice :clap: :clap: :clap: Good bits in a rubbish day are nice as well :hugs: :hugs:

Glad the foggy adventure had you both :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whitebutterflies » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Hahahahahah it really did i think we both needed it him more than me :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you
Been with my gorgeous man since 16-10-07 :)
Still trying to come to terms with his d/x of FM which was made on 14-07-11
whitebutterflies
UKFM Member

Postby McVinster » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Slightly late hi and :welcome: from me whitebutterflies and OH.

I think my boyf needs to chat with you lol! I think he's a bit scared to admit that I'm quite ill and he's told me himself sometimes he thinks I play on my Fibro to get out of things! Makes me a mix of :swear1: and :lol: . I think you're doing great, I would kill for someone to help me fight on those days where everything just seems pointless.

Thanks to you for asking about the slurry speech too, I have been doing this for ages but I never actually thought it was due to the Fibro, I thought I was just being a bit daft sometimes and forgetting. It doesn't seem to bother the friends I talk too as much as it bothers me, it really does make me feel like a prat sometimes when I can't even say a simple word, but I'm getting more used to it now and find it helps if I just stop mid-slurr and take a breath, sound out the word in my head clearly then say it a bit slower than normal but make sure I say each syllable clearly. Sort of makes me feel like I'm a little kid in school learning a big word again but it's helping me to remember the word I slurred more often.

It's strange but thinking about it now, for me it is the fatigue and confusion that bothers me more than the pain, as I can control that with meds (though I think I'll go back to my GP and ask for a higher dose eventually because I can still feel a bit of pain and I still sleep way too long: 12 hours, before I feel rested.). The confusion has been quite depressing for me up to now, even though I've always been a forgetful person, but I have gotten used to it, and gotten a bit better, I think it's just a case of finding a technique to help so you and your OH could try a few things to help like writing things down or repeating what needs to be done, sometimes I chant or sing things to myself when I'm alone.

Last time I saw my doctor, he said my blood test came back "perfectly normal"; lucky he doesn't see me having entire conversations with myself at home or I'd be in the Loony Bin by now :crazy:

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:51 pm

fluppp congratulations im really pleased for you

just heard you got the job as alonsos grid girl , hot pants and all,

of to algarve for 10days friday so you can :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: at me as much as youlike and i wont hear.
wishing you hot rubber and high octian fumes
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:45 am

Have a good holiday Tony, I'm sure Flup will keep all the :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: for you till you get back :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Happy hollibobs Tony, you're only jealous because I look better in the grid girlie clothes than you do :nono: :nono: :wink: :wink: :tongueout: :tongueout:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:40 pm

hello whitebutterflies,hope you and bf keeping as well as can be.i was sorry to read that your bf asked you to go.glad to see you are staying.when things are bad caz and i do argue to the extent that i also say to her-go.luckily she refuses`s to leave.as i have tried to explain,we do really not mean it.i think i explode because things just build up inside(like not been able to do the things i used to do),the pain does not help either-always there niggling away.the one thing we find helps is to communicate to each other like explaining how we are today. would it be possible for you all to go away for a break(long weekend)where you can relax.i also understand how caz must feel,having to listen to me moaning,having to go to due`s on her own can not be easy all because of my fibro.at the end of the day good or bad we do love our other half sometimes forgeting to show it.take care,efrem :D :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello