[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newcomer - is it CFS or Fibromyalgia?

newcomer - is it CFS or Fibromyalgia?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newcomer - is it CFS or Fibromyalgia?

Postby lochlisa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:59 pm

hello everyone,

it started off as my GP telling me I had depression and to take anti-depressants. I soon ditched this GP !

New GP says highly likely its CFS and has nothing to do with my thyroid TSH being high.

Now I have done some research myself and completed Fibromyalgia online tests and been told I have a 90% chance of having it.

Symptoms are lethargy, depression, poor sleep but the worst are the aching limbs, especially legs where one leg is so weak, plus dull day long ache across shoulders, neck and tops of arms along with frequent pain in the wrist area as if I have some sort of RSI.

I am looking for advice and whether it is time to ask for even more blood tests as I am still waiting to see an Endocrinologist in reference to the potential CFS.

thank you in anticipation.

Lisa
lochlisa
UKFM Newbie

Re: newcomer - is it CFS or Fibromyalgia?

Postby loubie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 pm

hi lisa :wave:
welcome to the forum
lots of our members have CFS as well as fibro.
CFS is more tiredness than pain fibro is more pain than tiredness
but i have fibro and can have days that the tiredness just takes over and knocks me out
so IMO, CFS and fibro are more or less the same :dunno: :dunno:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:18 pm

:wave: Lisa :welcome: to the forum.

Sorry to hear what you're going thru at the moment, hope that when you see the endocrinologist, you get some answers :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Some of the things you've described could be down to FM. But then again they could also be down to CFS, as both conditions have overlapping symptoms. There are other conditions with overlapping symptoms as well :facepalm: :facepalm: FM doesn't show up in a blood test, but some of the conditions that share the same symptoms do, which is why the tests are done to see if they are the cause of the various symptoms. If you've recently had tests done and the results came back as normal, then your GP may not want to repeat them yet. You could ask about a referral to a rheumatologist if you feel that FM is what you have and see what your GP says.

It is possible for you to have both CFS and FM, so maybe that could be worth asking about as well. Whichever condition it turns out to be, good luck in getting things sorted and under control :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Lisa, :welcome: to the forum I agree that CFS shares alot of symptoms with FM and I think they are connected :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Lisa :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:23 am

:wave: :wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello