[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Greetings from the South Coast

Greetings from the South Coast

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby BURMESECATSLAVE » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:20 am

Good morning all. I would like to introduce myself. :wave:

I'm Paul and I'm 57 years old.

I live on the South Coast with my wife Vickie. We have 2 delightful Burmese cats who keep us in order, and 4 pea brained chickens who keep us supplied with eggs. Our daughter and son in law live with us as well....they have the front part of the bungalow whilst we have the upstairs loft conversion. We share the kitchen. They came with 2 cats of their own, and have recently acquired a manic rescued rabbit who really should enrole with the Camborne School of Mines!!

I've retired thru' ill health. Besides suffering from FM, I've also got osteo-arthritis in my left knee, hip and shoulder. Where osteo-arthritis hasn't got me.....FM has. I'm also a diabetic treated with insulin and have high blood pressure along with depression. It's truth to say that I'm in constant pain despite taking Zomorph & Oramorph, as well as Tramadol. I rarely go out now as I can't trust myself to drive safely. However when my wife is at home during the weekends, she is my taxi. As she works in Salisbury, I've a long day here at home, but I'm kept reasonably happy by the attentions of the Burmese Cat Nursing Team and by watching the antics of the chooks.

I hope that being a member of the forum will help me understand FM and that I will meet new friends who suffer from the same illness.

Take care and have a good day wherever you are...
BURMESECATSLAVE
UKFM Newbie

Postby Niki d » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am

Hi Paul,

I'm niki nice to meet you, well it's clear to see at least you still have your sense of humour if nothin else.

I live in the south of England and also have fibromyalgia and psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. I don't think there are many people with just fibromyalgia most of us seem to have other things. I also suffer with depression.

I am 47 have 4 girls and six wonderful grandad children also a little dog named Charlie, we did have 2 dogs but we sadly we lost jack a couple of months ago.

I am on here most days if you want a chat, all the people on here are really lovely and so supportive and don't mind if you just want a moan or a rant.

Gentle hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Re: Greetings from the South Coast

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:22 am

:wave: Paul :welcome: to the forum :chicken-dance:

Just with the animals that own you, you've come to the right place :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm owned by a springer that doesn't really like going for a walk, and three chookabos that can't decided if they're flamingos or meerkats :chicken: :facepalm: There is a thread about our various Pets in Positive and Fun, full of the silly things they get up to :shock: :shock: :shock:

As well as mad animals, we also have a fair bit of info and advice about FM as well :lol: :lol: Hopefully there will be something in there that help you understand FM a little more :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And you can ask us about anything you want to know as well 8) 8) Even if we can't come up with an answer, throwing a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: usually works, along with the guilt-free, calorie-free, non-poorly making :wine: :wine: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking1: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Paul and :welcome: to the forum, as you can see from the previous posts we arent the most sane people you will ever have contact with but we try to be the most positive, come and join in the fun but always remember we will try to support and comfort you when needed :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Paul. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello