Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Lorrie82 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:48 am

Hi I'm new and not quite sure how's these forums work . At the mo I'm really struggling wiv the pain what don't help I'm a single mum of a 2 yr boy but he's the average size of a 4 yr old and weighs 3 St . I want to b able todo more wiv him but I can't. Today I'm off to Josh bay wiv my sons nursery but I'm dreading it as I'm really hurting now and the thought of running round a beach on a really hot day after my son it's making me even more tired than I already am. Is there any1 that lives in Medway as I found meeting up wiv people who understand ur problems takes alot of wait on ya shoulders. Sorry for going on. I would just like tips of how to cope. Thanks.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:22 am

:welcome: to the forum Lorrie :wave:

Sorry to hear how you're feeling at the moment, running around on a beach in the heat of today has drained me just reading about it :facepalm: :facepalm: Hope it's a bit cooler than forecast and there's a nice breeze coming in off the sea to help you feel a bit more comfortable :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If you're interested in meeting other fibromites, have a look in the support groups part of the forum, there could be a group near to you. If you want to "talk", ask anything, or just have a moan and groan, there's usually someone around on here to "listen" :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi Lorrie and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Hope the seaside wasnt to tiring for you :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:15 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lorrie :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Hello

Postby Lorrie82 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Well I'm Bk from the beach and it's killed me trying to walk in the sand and the sand was like hot rocks. I'm really hurting now I will feel the full effect in the next couple days. It was cooler at the beach but that's wen ya dont realise how hot it actually is. I'm burnt to a crisp. I had a gd day but still wish I could do more if ya get what I mean. Thanks for ya support every1.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Lorrie, I know what you mean about wishing you could do more. I found that where my son was concerned, rather than remembering how long and how much we had done, what stuck in his mind is what we did together. A few minutes doing something that made us both laugh until our sides hurt made so much more happy than spending a long time doing something that wasn't as much fun. Try to think about the quality of what you do together rather than the quantity of it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

My son is 15 now and seems to have turned out pretty much OK, hopefully it will be like that for you and your son :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 pm

hi lorrie :wave: :wave:
welcome to the mad house :lol:

glad you had a good day but as we know any good days we have, we have to pay for :roll:
hope its not to bad for you.

as flup said little fun things will stick in his mind and remember your his mummy
and he loves you no matter what. :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Hello

Postby Lorrie82 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Thanks for the messages really appreciate it thanks.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby selbo28 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi Lorrie

I know the feeling of wanting to be able to do more with our kids, I'm 28 years old and have a 6 year old boy and I feel so bad when I say I can't do certain things with him,and then he gives me "that look" that makes you force yourself to do it anyway even though it hurts and we know we'll pay for it later!!

I hope you're not hurting too much

I've only just joined this site but from what I can see there's lots of help and support on here, so there is always someone who knows what you're going through.

Take care of yourself and have a good rest if you can :)
selbo28
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello