[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby Moggy_1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 am

Hello

I've been having problems for years and my GP has been looking at the bigger picture rather than each problem and says it's Fibromyalgia. He hasn't run the tests to rule out the other possibilities yet (I don't know if they do this in every case) but reading around the problem in the literature that's available I can see why he's saying it.

I've ended up on here io find out what to expect. I currently have a demanding job that's stresfull and means I'm dashing around for 13 hours a day, the literature I've been reading says that this isn't going to be sustainable/advisable for much longer.

Anyway, thank you for reading this and I look forward to chatting with you all.

M1
Moggy_1
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby Duffinamdi » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am

Hiya Moggy 1 :welcome:
I am newish hear was diganose in June, my GP run every blood test going,I am very lucky and have a fantastic GP who would not give up. Then when I saw the consultant, she run a load more, When I took them to have the test she looked and when righttttttttt. I said how many she said best not to know :shock: they took 16 bottles for test's :yikes:

I have found everyone one here so friendly and helpful. I am still at the stage of coming on here asking does anyone else have ...........
I have 3 part time jobs from 9am till 1.15pm and then from 3pm to about 4ish. I have already cut down some hours as it was making me feel worst. most nights I am in bed about the latest 7pm :crazy:

You will find sooooooo much help, support and friendship on here :flowers:

Ann x
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi Moggy :welcome: to the forum :wave:

It depends on the Gp really, some will do lots of tests and send you off to see a Rheumy or neuro and others will not do any tests. :dunno:

There are a few GP`s that are dx`ing fibro themselves now.

Stress is a known trigger for fibro so try to stay as stress free as you can.

Some fibro sufferers do work full time and can cope with work where as many others have had to stop working all together, there are so many symptoms to fibro so some sufferers might only have a couple of symptoms where as another will have around 30/60 different symptoms going on.

I take my hat off to you for being able to work for 13hrs a day :yikes: :hugs:
Have a read around the forum and any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Moggy_1 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Thank you for your replies. I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, I've suffered from insomnia for years and the aches and pains have been spreading and getting worse. I've had depression on and off for years and IBS for at least 20 years. These are just some of my symptoms and I'd put the aches and pains down to ageing but apparently it's not.

I've been working extra long days for years and held down two jobs, studied and been a full time carer for fifteen years but for the last year I've had to cut back. When I say I'm working 13 hour days it's only a couple of days a week now and they're nearly killing me. I come home, put the electric blanket on to try and soothe the aching and basically pass out, I wouldn't say sleep as most of my brain is ticking over. The next few days I'm good for nothing. I'm taking painkillers that would knock most of my friends out and they barely have any effect.

The worse part of it is that being a full time carer for years I now feel like I'm letting that person down by not being able to do what I used to for them as I'm left so tired all the time.
Moggy_1
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi Moggy :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:41 pm

:welcome: :welcome: to the forum moggy1 :wave: :wave: Is sounds like you have a pretty hectic at the moment :yikes: :yikes: Hope we can help you with what you want to know about FM

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello