Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Lindsays82 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello
:wave:
I'm Lindsay and i'm 28, single mum to Caleb aged 4 1/2 and currently living in Gosport, Hampshire

this is my story,

I can't even remember how long my symptoms have been ongoing for but for the past 3-4 months they have become noticably worse, random aches and pains in my back, hips, arms,neck, shoulder, constant headaches with no explanation, extreme tiredness and my sleep pattern has changed hugely i can wake some morning after a full nights sleep feeling like i've been out all night partying or some nights not sleeping at all due to the pain in my muscles, I am very stiff in the mornings too and takes quite a while to get moving.The pain varies from day to day whe but everyday without doubt it's always in my back and hips. My memory and ability to remember things has been noticed, for instance on one occasion i put the milk in the washing machine :?: :!: I am also very clumsy now too, dropping simple things in work.

I am in the Armed Forces (medic) and while for now i can just about manage my full time job with some additional overnight duties, I am concerned for my future, I am currently in an office based job sort of mid management level so it can be quite stressful, on the "stress" days i am so shattered when i get home i find my self falling asleep in front of the tv within half hour of getting home the tiredness is so sudden that it doesn;t matter that my son is there I just can't help dropping off.

I mentioned all this during a visit to a friend and she instantly said that sounds like fibromyalgia( her mum suffers) this comment got me looking on the net and doing some research - my inital findings were that some GP's don;t believe fibro even exists, that made me even more determined to find out what was going on so I started a diary of all my symptoms to show my gp and a few weeks later i went along, and amazingly she totally understood me and instantly agreed with me, she referred me to a rheumatologist (my appt came though yesterday for 25th Aug) she has started me on 10mg amitriptyline at night and paracetamol as needed, this combo just about keeps a lid on the pain - but i am well know to have quite a high pain threshold.

I used to be very active even playing rugby league for the Royal Navy, cycling 10+ miles daily, walking etc not to mention bringing up a child - now i can just about walk the dog, i don't have the energy for much else!

when people ask me what it feels like i simply say it's like the feeling the day after a extremley heavy gym session only you've done nothing OR that next day after a heavy night out where everything hurts!

Anyway thanks for reading my long intro. I await my hospital appt now and see what they reckon.

Lindsay x
Lindsay

JUST BECAUSE I LOOK NORMAL TO YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN I AM NOT IN PAIN OR BEING LAZY!
Lindsays82
UKFM Member

Re: Hello

Postby denys » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Lindsay and :welcome: to the forum, hope we can offer you some support and help with any questions you may have now or in the future :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:30 am

:welcome: to the forum Lindsay :wave: hope you get some answers soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lindsays82 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:37 pm

hi guys,

thanks for your replies, well after a few bad days of very intense back pain and restless nights, I have seen my GP this morning - luckily i work in the same building as her so i am able to see her whenever i need too.
My meds have now been increased to 20mg amitriptyline and also onto 8/500 cocodamol so i will await and see if that helps, I can't help that feel that i'm about to enter a "bad phase" as my pain is getting much worse than what i've experienced before.

Lindsay x
Lindsay

JUST BECAUSE I LOOK NORMAL TO YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN I AM NOT IN PAIN OR BEING LAZY!
Lindsays82
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello