Hi!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi!

Postby clairemichelle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Just found this lovely site. I'm 42 and have 3 children (age 18, 15 and 5) I currently don't work because of my mobility problems, but I failed the esa medical, so I'm not sure what the future will be.

I was diagnosed with fm back in May, but I have a lot of other long standing health problems. I have 5 discs out of place in my lower spine, and my hips were "made wrongly" and give me a lot of pain and like to "lock". Unfortunately there isn't an operation available for me (I will eventually need replacements because its causing my hips to wear down quickly).

When I was diagnosed in May, part of me was relieved that, at last, my gp was taking me seriously. I had been complaining for months about the fog, the tiredness, extra pain everywhere, increased problems with ibs etc.

For the last few weeks I have had severe pain in my thigh muscle, so bad that its reduced me to tears and my normal pain killers (tramadol) haven't touched it - I'm presuming its due to fm?

Its really getting me down, and the fatigue is awful. I'm also prone to every infection, cold/flu going which doesn't help. I have no concentration, make simple mistakes and I'm very clumsy (I stumble a lot and spill things etc)
My husband tells me to "snap out of it" which doesn't help.

Sorry to be so depressing on my first post! I'm not normally like this
Last edited by denys on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken down paragraphs
clairemichelle
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi!

Postby denys » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi clairemichelle and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have found us, your husbands response is not unique unfortuantely but as you say it isnt helpful.

I have broken your post down into smaller paragraphs as another part of FM is our inability to read and retain even medium chunks of text so the smaller the better, dont worry about having a moan at any time, 1st post or 100th its what we all do from time to time :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hopefully as you read through some of the posts you'll find things to help you cope and we try to have a bit of fun as well just to lighten the mood so come on and join in :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi clairemichelle, sorry to hear you are feeling so low,
I think our spouses just take a while to understand this illness
and realise its not just average pain we feel.
Tramadol did nothing for me,in fact i felt worse! Have you triedanything else?
Welcome to the boards by the way! Hope You are feelig better soon! :welcome: :hugs:
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:22 am

:welcome: to the forum Claire :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello