could this be fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

could this be fibromyalgia

Postby mel121 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 am

hi
my name is mel and was wondering if i could have some advise pls
i am a 42yrs old and have 4 children 18,16,15 and a 3.5yr old

In 2002 i was diganosed with an under active thyroid after 2yrs of symtoms so started taking thyroxine dose at the moment is 125mcg and has been for the past 4yrs, have my levels checked every yr and gp says stay on the same does well i have always had aches and pains in my body but they have recently got alot worse.

when i was pg with my 4th child i started getting migrains with aura would lose my vision very frightening stuff was put down to pg after my son was born i was still getting them, had a cat scan and was checked over for stroke but came back all clear so was given medication for migrains, was not happy about taking meds so went and saw a crainiel osteopath and see her every 5wks and have not had a migraine in just over a yr.

just beofre xmas my motherhad a heart attack which made my anxeity even worse had chest pains and was really feeling ill put this down to stress of my mum.

for many yrs i have has a worn shoulder which really aches some days but not others and have had back pain for a long time put this down to hectic lifestyle,
about 3mths ago i got a really bad pain in my side had a scan and turns out i have cysts on my ovary going for another scan in sept to see if gone,
well since then all my pains have got alot worse, shoulders, neck back, legs and this pain in my left side but its under my breast my breast are sore alot of the time aswell about 2wks betfore my period this started after the birth of my 4th child,
yesterday i was getting pains in my upper chest we were at an air show and put it down to anxiety of all the crowds did'nt get worse so thought my heart is ok.

i have been having some vision probs saw an eye doc at the hosp who say eyes were fine
my brain does not seem to function very well either i am very slow in my thinking now and find it hard to concentrate on anything and it takes a few mins for things to sink in.

have googled my symtoms and it keeps comming up with fibromyalgia,
am a bit wary of going to gp as am a very nervous person and ramble on at him i think he thinks i am mad
am a bit wary of going to gp and i think he thinks i'm a nutter anyway
thanks for reading my long post any advice similair exeriences would be most welcomed

mel
Last edited by shazq on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split up to make it easier to read
mel121
UKFM Newbie

Re: could this be fibromyalgiaa

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 am

Hi hun,sounds like fibro! Ive had a pretty similar experience,my searches always came back with fibro and i wasnt formally diagnosed till last week.
Please go to your doctor! If he/she is not understanding go to a different one.
I ended up stuck in bed..besides my self with pain and soo deppresed as i was so fed up going back and for the doctor,when i did finally addmit to how things really were for me my gp was amazing!
If you dont go the worry wont go away,and the sooner you get checked out the better!
Hope you get this sorted asap!
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Re: could this be fibromyalgia

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Mel :welcome: to the forum :wave:

I have moved your post into here as its your first post and also split it up to make it easier to read as us fibro sufferers find it hard to read one long post. Just another symptom you might come across too. :facepalm:

Its hard for us to say if you have fibro, you must go to see your GP, there are so many symptoms and lots of other illnesses that mimic fibro. :dunno: Some GP`s will DX fibro themselves, and they will do blood tests but fibro will not show up so it can take a long time to get a dx.

A lot of gp`s will send you to see a Rheumy for a DX.

Have a read around the forum and see if anything else falls into place, any questions just ask :wave: sorry i cant be of any help :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum mel :wave: :wave: :wave:

Like shaz has already said, we can't say if it's fibro or not :facepalm: :facepalm: There are several other conditions that share very similar symptoms with FM, and it's usually after these have been ruled out, based on things like blood tests and anything else felt necessary by the person investigating making the dx.

To find out what is responsible for your symptoms, you need to see a medical professional. To start things off you need to go and see your GP. Making a list of your symptoms might be helpful as you can take it with you and use it as a reminder of what you need to tell them. Hopefully then your GP will set things in motion to find out what is wrong with you.

Try not to Google your symptoms if you can. I know it's easier said than done, but you could end up thinking it could be one thing and it turns out to be something completely different :facepalm: :facepalm: Let us know how you go on, and we'll try to support and advise you as best we can :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:17 pm

iv come to the conculstion that there is one very good?? thing about fibro???

and thats being told you have it ??? sounds odd but were all feeling so bad anyway , it seems to feel much better just to know what it is :lol: :lol:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello