[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi everyone, i have just been dx, and feeling very alone.

hi everyone, i have just been dx, and feeling very alone.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone, i have just been dx, and feeling very alone.

Postby marie.a » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi all :wave: .....i have just been dx with fibro, after many years of lots of pain...
i am 32 and mother of four, three boys and one girl,, my youngest is only 5 months.
not bad concidering docs told me years ago i would never have children! :roll:

my husband gave up work to help me, so now we dont even know what if anything we are entitaled to?
my pain is getting worse by the day, and my doc just doesnt seem interested! :banghead: i am on 10ml antidepressant,
and codidramol and paricetimal for pain, i also have high bp, so on tabs for that to??

can someone please please help me as to what i should say to my doc? or what benifit i may be entitaled to? :dunno:
anything that anyone wishes to share with me will be so much welcomed,,, lol
also i am really sorry for the spellings,,, :oops:

thank you and i look forward to hearing from you... :D
marie.a
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi everyone, i have just been dx, and feeling very alone.

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

:wave:

Your best bet is to speak with a benefits advisor at your local jobcenter they will tell you what your entitled to and what benefits you can claim for.

I would guess you may be able to claim for DLA if your husband cannot work as he cares for you. If your in need of mobility and care needs and been ill for 6months or more you can apply. If you get awarded middle rate care then i think your husband can claim carers allowence.

You can also ask about a blue badge and bus pass, ask your local council/GP

Have you another GP you can see? If not maybe speak to the practice manager and explain your frustrations with your GP

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 pm

:wave: marie and :welcome: to the forum :hugs:

I hope it will help you to know that when a lot of us were dx'd with FM, we fely very alone and wondered about same the things you are :grouphug:

Benefits wise, as everyone's situation is different, it's not easy for us to say what you could be entitled to benefits wise. To get an idea, and also help with going thru the claims system, you really need to speak to someone who is familiar with the system. Citizens Advice are good at advising and helping, as are Welfare Rights and DIAL. Your local council may also have a one-stop-shop type place who can either advise and help you, or give you the details of organisations in your area who could help you.

With your pain getting worse, things could be making your symptoms flare up at the moment, which might explain why your current meds are helping you at the moment. With you saying that your GP doesn't seem interested, was that before you were told it is FM, or is it a general feeling you get from them :?: :?: If it's a general feeling, then maybe making an appt with a different GP at your surgery could be an idea. Could you ask someone who works on the admin side if they know if any of the staff have experience of and/or an interest in things like FM as having a decent GP makes a huge difference to things. Now you have a dx, if you want to give your current GP another chance, then when you nest go, explain that now you have the dx you need to start on a suitable treatment plan to try and get things under control. This linky has info about meds and other ways to try and manage FM it's to the NHS pages about it so your GP will know it's from a reputable site. Talk thru the various options and see what they think may be suitable for you to try.

Anything else you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :grouphug: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi marie :wave:
I was diagnosed last week after many years of pain. I also feel alone at times but have found the forum a great help with diffrent questions ive had,we all understand how hard it gets living with fibro!
There is allways someone who will try and help.
Good luck with finding out about benefits,i am heading down that road also! :grouphug:
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 am

Hi Marie and :welcome: to the forum, you have been given some good advice so there isn't much more I can add except I hope you find the answers you need here, we'll do our best to help :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum Marie. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Duffinamdi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi Marie :welcome:
I have found the forum so helpful and friendly.
:flowers:
Duffinamdi
UKFM Member

Postby marie.a » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:48 pm

:clap: Hi everyone, :wave: sorry for my late reply... i havent been to well, :coffee2: :coffee2: but iam ok now. thank you all so much for all your help and advise.. :blowkiss:
iam really happy there is a forum, and so many helpful, and nice people on it..
i am also really sorry but iam not very good at remembering names. :oops:

so big hugs to you all.. :grouphug:

iam trying to remember some of the questions some of you asked lol ..
my gp, well he was ok untill i was dxd, its now that he just doesnt seem interested, i would say almost like he sees fibro as not an illness, but just something thats in our heads? but i do have another gp so i shall see him next time..

i am still having more tests i think, as thay want to test for M,E. And other things?
i had never even heard of fm untill i was dx'd, i think thats why i feel a little lost, and alone..
But after finding this wonderful forum i now know that iam not alone... :clap:

i would be interested to know if there are any groups in derby? I have looked but cant seem to find any..
or anyone in derby with fibro??
Thank you all again,
i am so happy to have (ciber) met you all,
and i hope you have all had a good day... :flowers:
marie.a
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:01 pm

Linky to a FM support group in Derby :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:49 am

hi marie :wave:

its very hard when your first dx, firstly to get your head around the fact that its not
going to go away,then there is all we have to deal with as in pain and all that comes with fibro.
then there is the finding of a good GP, one that don't look at you as if you are :crazy: :alien:

be prepared for friends and even family to ignore you as they think your just making it all up :evil: :evil:
and even nasty comments that are just not called for :nono:

sorry this is all very gloomy but true :roll:
we are always here so ask anything, we will always try and help, all our members are very helpful :wave:
good to have you with us :D

i have been up all night :( so hope this is reading the way i have meant it to be :facepalm: :facepalm:
:lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello