New to site, not quite so new to Fibro.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to site, not quite so new to Fibro.

Postby sazza » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:40 am

Hi, I'm Sarah.

I was diagnosed (I think) in winter last year... By saying I think, I mean no-one actually said definitively that I have Fibromyalgia, just that it sounds like it, and although the tender points were checked, not all of them were, so it wasn't quite diagnostically correct if you know what I mean... But I was given leaflets on it, put on Amitriptyline, and was given advice specifically for management of Fibro, so I assume this pretty much confirms their thoughts.

Got a few things going on, which i may well post about later on, but for now, I just thought I'd say "hi" to everyone. :wave:
I'm too tired to think of a witty one-liner...
sazza
UKFM Member

Re: New to site, not quite so new to Fibro.

Postby denys » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:58 am

Hi Sarah and :welcome: to the forum hope we can help to give you some support :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 am

:welcome: to the forum Sarah :wave:

There's lots of advice and support on here, hope you find some of it helpful :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 am

hi sara :wave:

welcome to the mad house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good to have you with us :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sarah. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby maz 2k7 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 am

Hi, everyone im marian,im new on here,i havent been formly diagnosed with fm but my doctor thinks i have it and so does the rheumatologist i went to see on the 25th july this year,same as another lady on here i was given an examinantion but didnt really test my tender points,which seem to be all over my body,gave me a leaflet iv now got another appointment on 23rd november.i was wondering if any of you get really bad back ache top and bottom of back when you walk,it feels like my back will snap in half and across my hips.iv had these pains for 2yrs now but my knees and legs and neck about 5yrs been fobbed off so many times.I also have gout and coeliac and asthma,anyone else with any of these,iv herd it can be related in some way,i also get headaches and dont sleep properly.some times i just cry very easy over nothing really,i dont go out much either and iv put weight on,sorry to go on its moaning friday,so i still feel like im in limbo still dont know for sure if it is fms or not.what do you guys think im 53.
maz 2k7
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum marian :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Hopefully when you go back to see the rheumy you will get a definite dx, so you won't be left in limboland :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

A lot of the things you've mentioned are thought to be somehow related to FM, from the backache to headaches to lack of sleep :facepalm: :facepalm: I think someone else has mentioned something about gout recently :? :?

Have a look thru things as there is a lot of advice and suggestions on here, hopefully there will be something helpful for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Just ask about anything you want to know and we'll try and help you with it :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Maz :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi Maz and :welcome: to the forum look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:42 pm

hi maz

good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:48 pm

:wave: Hello Maz :welcome: to the forum, everyone so friendly and helpful with lots of support I honsetly can say if not had advice on how to deal with FM. Would of cracked up..........oh, sorry I already done that.......but , with out knowing, you know that we are all kind of in the same boat.

:grouphug: Just so great that now you are not alone.
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby maz 2k7 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks everyone,sometimes you just feel so alone i didnt realize so many people had fibromyalgia,just goes to show.some days just feel like doing nothing and others i feel i could do the whole house then when i try im tired,can you claim DLA for fibromyalgia,are you classed as being disabled or what,my husband says i am but you dont want to give yourself the title of being disabled as there are so many people out there with true disabilitys,I do feel i have some answers not all,all i know is im in agony most days i could cry,but try not to,i get so fed up with not being able to do the things i want to do things you just take for granted,sorry for this but just abit low today, thanks marian,
maz 2k7
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Whats a true disability, I thought disability was just that, you dont claim DLA for a condition you claim for the effect a condition has on your everyday life, so yes you can claim if FM is giving you enough problems with caring for yourself and/or mobility problems.

It can be very hard to get and you may need to fight but if you think you qualify then claim :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maz 2k7 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 am

Hi, by true disability i mean in cases like downs syndrome, blindness,cystic fibrosis,.when i walk i get severe pains in my back which feel like its going to break in half my knees and neck are painfull as well everyday,i cant bend down or lift things even the kettle is heavy,i cant stand to long either and i get very tired easy,some days i have no energy at all,i suppose what i was asking is fibromyalgia a disability or not,its sure feels like it is,as it stops me doing everyday things,even housework,and its so frustrating,i can never explain myself properly words just wont come out the way i want them to,thats why im trying to explain myself now.Iv read on these forums about the trouble people are having getting DLA for fibromyalgia,thats why i wonderd if it was a disability or not,I get benefit news on my computor and today it said a atos person was putting things on facebook,saying another day with the down and outs which i thought was disgusting things like this put you off claiming dla,or any other benefits you may be entitled to.thanks for listening MARIAN.
maz 2k7
UKFM Member

Postby sazza » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks all for welcoming me. I like all the lovely smilies. :) :) :)

I haven't written on here much, so sorry if I seem a bit anti-social lol... I'm just very mentally tired at the moment, and I can't get my head together to write long posts (as is actually the usual for me)...

Saz x
I'm too tired to think of a witty one-liner...
sazza
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello