[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sixty Four Thousand Dollar Question

Sixty Four Thousand Dollar Question

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sixty Four Thousand Dollar Question

Postby Ms Malaise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:48 pm

A GP informed me yesterday that he believes that I have fibromyalgia and I DO have almost all of the symptoms associated with fibromyalgia BUT my pain is only apparent when I apply finger tip pressure and I thought that people with fibromyalgia are in constant pain or intermittent pain that is felt even without finger tip pressure. I understand that an accurate diagnosis must come from a rheumatologist. Are any of you aware whether finger tip pressure pain as opposed to pain without finger tip pressure is considered to be a fibromyalgia symptom :?:
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Re: Sixty Four Thousand Dollar Question

Postby Ms Malaise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

"Re: Tender/Pressure Point Map
by mccoll » Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 am

I got diagnosed earlier today and i had 13 preasure points some i didnt even know where sore till they were touched."

I guess the above message answers my question.
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:

I've moved your post into Where To Say Hello as it's a more suitable board for your 1st post :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You're right that your post about the pressure points does answer your initial question :lol: :lol: Some GPs are now dxing FM themselves which means you don't have to go thru the system to see a rheumy.

Have a look thru the forum as there may be others who have similar symptoms to you, and you may find some advice and suggestions that are helpful to you :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ms Malaise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Fluffy Puppy. A thousand thanks for the warm welcome. To clarify...are you saying that it IS possible to have fibromyalgia even if your pain is only apparent when the painful areas are touched rather than constant pain being involved :?:
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:28 pm

With FM, anything is possible :facepalm: :facepalm: Some of us are in constant pain, others have times when they hardly feel any pain, and like you are, some only have the pain only when touched.

If you're unsure about the dx from your GP you could always ask to be referred to a rheumy to confirm it, or see if there could be other things causing your various symptoms.

So, to clarify, based on my own experiences and what I have read on various posts and things over time, it is possible for it to be FM even tho you don't have constant pain.

When my FM first began to emerge, I didn't start with pain all over. I thought my usual aches and things were just getting a bit worse, my first symptoms were ear and balance problems which were mimicking another condition, menieres disease :facepalm: :facepalm: Because of thins I was initially given a wrong dx :facepalm: :facepalm:

FM is truly a law unto itself and makes it's own rules up for each of us as it goes on :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ms Malaise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:54 pm

I am seeing a general physician next week about my weird but not wonderful symptoms and will ask them to refer me to a rheumatolgist.

I have a mind-boggling amount of symptoms which may all be linked with each other or not - severe fatigue ( I feel so physically frail that even the mere thought of doing anything other than sitting or laying down is exhausting and distressing and when I do anything other than sitting or laying down it is gruelling and I am consequently almost housebound apart from trips to the supermarket and appointments with doctors which I want to push myself to change because the lack of social contact and exercise will only serve to make me more unwell),

severe drowsiness (unlike tiredness/a normal sleepy feeling my drowsiness is distressing because if I close my eyes for more than a few seconds I feel as though I am sinking in a going under with a general anesthetic sort of way), despite at least 8 hours of undisturbed sleep per night I wake up every morning feeling as though I haven't slept for a million years with an extremely dry mouth and glazed looking bloodshot eyes, mild nausea (no vomiting but a gnawing sickly feeling that is more like a loss of appetite than actual nausea), finger tip pressure pain in all of the official tender points but also in other places such as my jaw which makes a clicking noise when I open and close my mouth and when I touch the corrosponding areas of my mouth on the inside it is feels painful,

my diaphragm and rib area are painful to the touch (having CT scan of abdomen and pelvis next week), a chronically swollen salivary gland under my tongue, initial mild dizziness which seems to have gone and tummy troubles (a gastroenterologist recently diagnosed functional gastrointestinal disorder and what he said were related chronic fatigue symptoms and possible silent reflux), a feeling of pressure on my palate,

sides of my nose very painful to touch and post nasal drip (a sinus issue?) a level of malaise and physical fraility that during my darkest moments convinces me that I am dying so you can add anxiety to the list and worst of all a feeling of pressure inside the front of my neck which makes me feel as though my own neck is trying to strangle me. Can any of you empathise with some/all of my symptoms :?:
Last edited by denys on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: long post broken into smaller paragraphs to make reading easier
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi 've broken up your post as another symptom of FM is an inability to take in large chunks of information so people will give up reading half way through and you wont get the answers you want, so :welcome: to the forum and as Fluppypuffy has said anything is possible with FM so :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck2: with your appointments where hopefully you will get more answers :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ms Malaise » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Thank you Denys. I see that you are Wirral-based. I live at the Liverpool end of the Sefton coast so blowing kisses over the water in your direction :blowkiss:
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks sending some back :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 pm

:welcome: to the forum Malaise :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:22 pm

hi malise i can ephessise with all of your syptoms espesialy the front of throat one , that makes me obbsses somethings been missed by the drs ( it hasent by the way , or so they tell me?) my drowsiness is only mild . but i am in moderate contsaint pain allover

regards
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Ms Malaise » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes.
Hi Tony. I feel both sad and glad that you can empathise with alot of my symptoms.
I have no idea what is causing the nasty feeling of tight pressure inside the front of my neck - perhaps it is a muscle/nerve issue but I do know that it's Hell so I am sending you empathic embraces...
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:39 pm

hi iv had mri of neck camera up nose and down throet x rays and they dont see any thing:: but i get that awfull feeling of preasure in front of neck and feeling of something in throte ???? stated seven years lonng befor fm dx doc things it may be osteopite preesing on a neve. i do know my necks useualy bad at the back when i get it though

glad some one else gets it , sorry its you though :grouphug:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

Fluffy puppy sounds like you had the same thing that I have been getting, although I had the exhaustion first then balance problems and ear problems which doc thought was glue ear and audilogist says it isnt and that my ears are totally fine with minimal sound tolerance reduction. He thinks it is migraine associated even though I havent had a migraine in years.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello