Hello everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby geb0205 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I've been a lurker for some time on this site, but I thought I'd finally pull my finger out and say hello to you all!

I'm 27, and was diagnosed with FMD last year having been sent to a physio for treatment for RSI of my fingers. Physio was the key person who finally listened to me and my list of issues, that started during my last year at Uni in 2006 following a bout of Glandular Fever. Physio sent me to the Rheumatologist, who promptly slapped the FMD label on me.

In some ways, I suppose it was a huge relief, but in others, I really wish I had something I could take a pill and control, like hypothyroidism! The ironic thing is, I'm a registered Osteopath in the UK and have many patients on my books with FMD, all of who discussed their symptoms and said it sounded like I had the same. I absolutely dreadded having FMD from some of their stories!! Anyway, I'm still able to work despite having a great deal of pain, so I can't really complain, can I?!

It's lovely to find a group of seemingly friendly folk who actually UNDERSTAND what it feels like to have FMD and how that horrible fog and lethargy feel!! Please, if you have any questions about whether Osteopathy (or indeed Acupuncture - my knowledge is improving weekly and I'm off to learn it in October/November to help me keep working!) can help, don't hesitate to PM me :)

Georgie.
Registered Osteopath and Medical Acupunturist.
geb0205
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:04 pm

:welcome: to the forum georgie :chicken-dance:

It could be interesting to hear how you can help people with FM, we have had some people ask about how osteopathy could help, and having a practitioners' view point could be really useful 8) 8)

There is a lot of advice on here, and we do our best to support each other with what FM does to us. Anything you want to know, then just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :wave: :wave:

You've said we're seemingly friendly people, when in fact we're all a bunch of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: so hopefully you'll fit right in :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:39 am

hi georgie
welcome to the nut house :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good to have you with us :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Georgie and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum georgie :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello