[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey! Newbie alert!

Hey! Newbie alert!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey! Newbie alert!

Postby Lubilou » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm Lubi, I had my diagnosis yesterday after seeing my rheumatology consultant. I was not expecting it and am rather shocked. I was given the ARC leaflet with a promise of a 'pain clinic' referral. I have to see the GP to get a prescription for Amitriptyline.

I have 3 children 2 girls (11, 9) and an Autistic 8 year old son. I'm married to the most patient man ever.

I'm a health care professional who is struggling to see how i can continue doing my job. I feel rather frightened and isolated, I'm assuming this is normal!?

LL x
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Re: Hey! Newbie alert!

Postby Garden Lady » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi, first time I have posted anything! I was diagnosed last week after 2 years of symptoms..equally a shock for me but the only advice I got was rest every 45 mins at work etc...and get some psychological therapies to help you deal with your stressors as they make your pain worse. I then get a letter from GP before I've had a chance to make an appointment to discuss my diagnosis telling me that I have to self refer to IAPT for talking therapy. That's it ...I mean what am I supposed to do about the IBS, the brain drain, the clumsiness the pains etc etc....yes my life is stressful..husband has severe depression with Aspergers, tried suicide last year at the same time i was made redundant after 21 years along with two small children one who has Aspergers, husband has no job and no support from what little family we have...now what? Talking about it isn't going to reduce them!

I'm guessing I have to make a nuisance of myself to get anywhere so I have another battle to prepare for..but I will not be defeated..I'm coming to terms with what FM means for me and my family..it just taking me a little longer than normal to find a strategy.
Advice from this site so far has been helpful...I'm not giving up! :goodluck1:
Garden Lady
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi to both of you and :welcome: to the forum glad you have decided to join us :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lubi & garden lady :wave:

It is a :shock: when you first get the dx of fibro. there is a lot to get your head around but you will find lots of help and info on here.

Have a good read around the forum and any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lubilou » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Many thanks for the welcome.

I'm off to have a nosey around the site :)
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello