New to this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to this

Postby Pheebz_Lou » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi there, Im 22 female and have been diagnosed with Fibro and have not been able to work for the past 5 months. I am struggling to cope with having to adapt my life to this illness. I get so bad that sometimes i cannot get out of bed or hardly talk. The doc's have put me on a few tablets but i suffer from IBS as well so they tend to make me ill. I do yoga with my grandma which i really enjoy. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other treatments that you find that help? or things you do that take your mind off the pain?
Thank you
Pheebz_Lou
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to this

Postby sarahb » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi
I love epsom salt baths, they help a little bit with the pain. And reading the posts on here keep me sane knowing I'm not alone! :crazy:
sarahb
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 pm

:wave: Pheebz Lou and :welcome: to the forum :penguin: :penguin:

This linky has details of meds used for FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Treatment.aspx it can be a bit of trial and error trying to find the right mix of things for, but keep trying as you never know, the next thing you try could be the one that makes all the difference to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

A lot of us also have IBS, it seems to be a favourite that tags along with FM, if the meds you're currently taking are aggravating it, then it might be worth talking to your GP to see if there is something that can help you.

A lot of us use heat treatment as a way to help with the pain. For all over body pain, soaking in a warm bath can help, if it's a particular area that is painful the wheaty bags that can be heated in the microwave can be used, as well as the heat pads that you need to plug in. Others have found some relief from TENs machines as well.

There is a lot of info on here, as well as advice and suggestions, if you have a look thru things then you might find some helpful tips.

The getting to grips with FM side of things can be quite daunting. This linky explains a little about the various stages we can go thru as we're trying to get to the point where we can accept that FM is a permanent part of our lives http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10653

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi Pheebz Lou and :welcome: to the forum I've moved your post into where to say hello as its a more appropriate place for your first post, I hope we can offer you some support and help you find some answers :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pheebz_Lou » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Thank you guys for the quick replies and support! Have written down your treatment ideas and going to give them ago!
Pheebz_Lou
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:06 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello