back to docs today

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

back to docs today

Postby tnissan38 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm

HI ALL . been to docs again today for a meds review with gabapentin and to tell her how shocking i feel. Constant headaches feeling like i could just drop in a heap anywhere i am that tired but yet still cannot sleep . no appetite feeling sick on and off , losing weight . Constant pain that is really getting me down now , and ended up crying in docs . So now she has up my gabapentin to 1 100mg twice a day and to take 300mg for bed said should help also i to ring rheaumy secretary mon morning to bring my appointment forward which should have been dec . She says more likely that it is fibro and rheaumy said same last time i went and she feels could do with something for depression too has can run along side with fibro . i to have some bloods too just to do couple of iliminations . Also some of you will remember me saying been waiting for an appointment for injection into cocyx well it came today . But i have thought about it greatly over the weeks and have decided that at present with all the pain i in and how bad i feel i not gonna inflicked any more at moment , i cannot take it . Thanks for reading tracey xx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Re: back to docs today

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm

With how you've been feeling with the GABAs I'm surprised your GP has increased them :yikes: :yikes: :shock: :shock: Personally I would have thought that taking you off them would have been a more suitable thing to do instead :? :?

You may not be able to get thru to the rheumy's office on Monday, as it's a Bank Holiday, you'll probably need to wait until Tuesday to get thru and see what can be done about bringing your appt forward. Hopefully they'll have had a cancellation and can get you in a lot sooner :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If you still feel bad with the increased GABA dose , don't hesitate about going back to your GP about it. It could be that they're not the right med for you, which could be why you've been feeling so :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: while you've been on them.

There is an alternative med to the GABAs, it's Pregabalin (Lyrica) and is said to work in a very similar way to the GABAs. With them, it can be that if one of them doesn't suit a person, then the other one does.

Hope things start to settle down for you soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tnissan38 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:28 pm

thanks fluppypuffy, yes i realised last night was bank hol . will ring tues , not usually too bad at getting early appointments . will bear that in mind about meds think she would like to see what rheaumy to say too . will let you know how i get on with an appointment . Tracey xxxxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:49 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: with things settling and you feeling a bit brighter in yourself Tracey :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Tracy
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tnissan38 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks a lot tracey xxx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello