[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - angry and sick of pain

angry and sick of pain

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

angry and sick of pain

Postby richlowery » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi,

I have just joined this site and have been reading post from alot of you and i just feel numb i know what you all are going through.

I was diagnosed with fibro over a year ago. It all started on the 31st of March 2007 when i was in a road traffic accident while working as a taxi driver with a good business and was making good money until a young lad who had only passed his test 3 weeks decided to pull out of a junction not looking.

As time went on the back pain got worse was referred to the pain management unit at the local hospital to find out there was a problem with my spinal cord been trapped at the bottom. Physio dont work and then the pain started moving from my back into my joints, my GP thought it was arthritis so i went to see the arthritis consultant. I have been told its fibro he wrote a letter to my GP surguesting some tablets which may help and we have exhausted them as i get side effects from them. Unfortunately i have pain in all the points and in my hands too, and Im loosing the use of my left arm. The sleepless nights and not been able to walk far either don't make you feel any better about yourself.

For the last 2 years i been on a opiod pain killer called Oxycodone 60mg ever 12 hours. I have tried lots of other pain killers anti-inflammatories were no help what so ever. The Oxycodone helps with the pain, if i didn't take this pain killer i wouldn't be able to move or walk. I get side effects off the pain killers one is a bad head and the bad head i constantly have all day ever day from the fibro too.

I feel very low im sick of the pain and at times im a very angry man. This is not me i was a happy go lucky guy with no anger at all.
Its good to know that im not alone but im sorry that other people are going through the same problems i face day in day out. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

I was told that i need to let the pain live with me not me live with the pain, i suppose this is true but i find it had to get my head into this way of thinking.

Rich
richlowery
UKFM Newbie

Re: angry and sick of pain

Postby denys » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Rich, I've moved your post into here as I think you'll get more hits. First of all :welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear that you are suffering a lot and not getting much relief from your meds. Antiinflammatories wont do much as FM doesnt cause infammation, but other things may including your spinal probs.

unfortuantly a combination of meds seems to work better for us, including antidepressants for both the mental aspects of having to live with pain on a daily basis and also because low doses help with pain.

Dont feel bad about feeling angry, the majority of us go through this because of the changes we have to make to our daily lives and the fact that we often lose so much. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10653 this post may help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rich :wave:

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rich :wave:

I'm sorry to hear what you're thinking and feeling at the moment, unfortunately FM throws a lot at us, none of which is easy to adjust to living with :facepalm: :facepalm:

With what you've said about being low and angry, have you been offered any sort of help for these and any other things that may be going round and round in your mind??

There is a lot of advice and info on here, hopefully there will be some useful things for you. Anything you want to know, then just ask and we'll try out best to help and support you :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby matthensley » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:18 pm

i feel the same, im having a hard time excepting this awful illness and i to am sick and anry with the pain. i wish we were all better,. good luck
matthensley
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Rich and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello