Hello from a Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a Newbie

Postby FairyFeller » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Just a little note to introduce myself.

I'm a 35+ year old student nurse. I was diagnosed with fibro recently after accumulating symptoms over the last few years.

Like many of you the pain feels unbearable and I can't remember the last time I had any energy. I'm currently surviving on 8 x 30/500 co-codamol an 8 Tramadol daily to keep the pain under control and 45mg of Mirtazapine for the depression/insomnia.

I'm currently on annual leave but I'm wondering how I can go on when I get back to work as I had been coming home from working a shift and going straight to bed trembling as the pain and exhaustion was so bad.

Sorry to sound so negative in my introduction but I thought an accurate description was better than a positive one.

FF
FairyFeller
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from a Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Fairyfeller and :welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, but have a read through the posts and I'm sure you'll find some inspiration. Dont worry about sounding negative we all go through it and hopefully we can help a little :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum fairyfeller. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum FairyFeller :wave:

Don't ever worry about needing a moan or even [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] when you come on here, we all understand what you're going thru and will do what we can to help and support you with things :hugs: :hugs:

Have a look round as there are plenty of tips and advice on here. If they're anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see if we can find an answer for you 8) 8)

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FairyFeller » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 pm

There are a couple of questions that spring to mind. Firstly, I'm used to working thirteen hour days and having a mind like a steel trap but lately I'm permanently exhausted and my memory isn't what it used to be. Will this improve with treatment or is 'Fibrofog' and exhaustion going to be the norm?

Secondly, my hands have got worse since starting on the Mirtazapine, is this normal or is it the fibro? I wake up and they are rigid.
FairyFeller
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:33 pm

The fuzzy memory is the wonderful Fibrofog and means you forget all sorts of things, quite often when you're in the middle of doing or talking about things and you can end up feeling a bit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The exhaustion/fatigue is also part of it as well. As to whether it will improve with treatment, or become the "norm" for you, that's not an easy thing to answer I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: With a bit of patience, time, and trial and error, it is possible to find a combination of meds/treatments that make a huge difference to you, give you some control back and lead more of a typical life. With FM there is no "norm" I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: What there is, is your particular version of FM as, altho we share a range of symptoms and problems, it affects us all so very differently and uniquely :yikes: :yikes: So what you may regard as a "normal" aspect of FM may be something that someone else hasn't experienced :dunno: :dunno:

I don't know about Mirtazapine and how it's affecting your hands as I haven't had that particular med, I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: with you saying that your hands are feeling worse with it, having it checked out might be an idea as, altho it could be due to FM, there could be something else causing it :shock: :shock:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Unfortuantely I have to agree with Flup, all depends on you really :fingerscrossed: you can get better even a little :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello