Not really sure

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not really sure

Postby Notched » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi - just joined. Not sure if I have firbromyalgia but am getting pains in all sorts of places. Have a sister-in-law who has fibro and bothshe and my husband think I have it. I take pain killers and the pains go in about 15 minutes. So what do you think. The main reason I'm writing is that a friend told me about 'Devils Claw' which she takes and has completely freed her from pain (not a fibro sufferer) well I ordered it as am so fed up with this pain. Now begininning to get cold feet about taking it!!! :dunno:

What do you all think?
Notched
UKFM Newbie

Re: Not really sure

Postby denys » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I think you need to go to your doc and get a definite diagnosis before taking any 'miracle cures' we've all been told take this it will free you from pain on the whole it doesnt work. Thats not to say devils claw wont help you but always check with a medical professional before taking anything that may interact with any other medication you are taking.

One thing, you say your pains go in about 15 minutes after taking pain killers, in most cases, FM sufferers dont get any/very little relief even on extremely strong pain meds :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Anyway I've moved your post into here as its a more appropriate place for your first post as you should get more hits :goodluck2: with your diagnosis :fingerscrossed: you'll find out it isnt FM
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: Not much more I can add to what denys has said. Hope you can get an answer soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
You have to be careful when buying meds over the net, plus you have not been dianosed yet so it might do you more harm than good to take something without your Gp`s advice first.

You should make an app with your GP but if normal pain meds do take away your pain after 15mins then it does not sound like fibro IMO.
most fibro sufferers are on very strong pain meds and still in pain along with many other symptoms.

Have a read around the forum to see if you have any of the other symptoms. :fingerscrossed: you get some answers.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Notched » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks so much for your replies and help. I hope that you are right and that I haven't got Fibro. It sounds so awful, and I'm sure I don't have the pain you all seem to have. Seeing doc tmorrow - will let you know. :fingerscrossed:
Notched
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello