[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new on here

new on here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new on here

Postby Rachsid » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Everyone, My name is Rachel, I am 39 years old with 3 children ages 21, 17 and 15 also have 2 step children 20 and 17. I am new on here so dont really know how this works. I will just post this one time and see what happens ? Oh and I was told 2 weeks ago i had FM . xx :(
Rachsid
UKFM Newbie

Re: new on here

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 pm

hi rachel :wave:

good to have you with us, have a good look around
lots on here for you to read.
any questions just ask and we will try and help as best we can :D

:welcome: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Rachsid » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Loubie :) I have been wanting to post on here for the last couple of weeks but didnt know where to start derrr :roll: I am pleased to meet you. I have such alot to say but where do i begin lol.

I have been in pain etc for the last 2 years. I Had to give my job up earlier on this year due to the pain in my lower back and down my right leg. I was first told i had sciatica. Over the last 2 years i have had: 2 x-rays, 1 MRI Scan, various blood tests. Chiropractic help ? also physio therapy, i have tried heat treatment, cold treatment, TENS machine. Oh and then we come to medication well after trying numerous pain killers I am currently on Pregabalin 450mg a day, also on dosulepin 50mg. Do they help? not really :cry:

I am currently receiving treatment for Iritis (Inflammation of the iris) this is how i came to be refered to the local hospital to a Rhomourtoligist (my spelling is atrocious). Well having been in the drs room for 15 mins and an examination he tells me he is 95% certain i have Fibromyalgia. He gave me a leaflet then sent me for blood tests and a scan and told me to come back in 6 weeks for the results. Well to say I am confused is an understatement. Where do i go from here? Anyone out there can offer me advise or tell me more on this diagnosis.

Many thanks for any replies

Rachel xx
Rachsid
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:26 pm

:welcome: Rachel. I have moved your post into "where to say hello" as its your 1st one.

It can take a time to sink in, :hugs: there is lots of info and support on the forum.

In most cases once you get the dx from the rheumy you are discharged back to your gp who takes over the care. Some Rheumies will send their patients to pain clinics.

Have a good read up on as much info as you can so you know what you are up against and any questions just ask. :wave: [chocolate]
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Rachel and :welcome: to the forum, just go with the flow, we'll help you out just ask :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Rachsid » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 pm

thank you everyone :) I suppose i had better get me reading head on. There is alot of info on here i am so pleased to have found someone to talk to about this.

bye for now xx :f1-car:
Rachsid
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sals » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Rachel,

nice to have you with us :welcome: :welcome: (well not nice that you have have FM of course :!: )

:cup1: yup there's plenty to read and keep you entertained on here :clap:

:hugs:
Sals xx
Sals
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm

And a :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :welcome: from me as well :wave: :wave:

Have a good read around and thru the posts, you could well find some useful tips and suggestions to help you.

Anything you want to know, then just ask and we'll try to come up with an answer for you :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ruthg » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Rachsid,

I am new too. I only posted for the first time today as well. :D

I hope you will enjoy this forum and find it helpful :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Well I don't have much to say, but :welcome: and :goodluck2:

Ruthg :penguin: :penguin:
xxxxxxxxxx
ruthg
UKFM Newbie

Postby Cian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Hello both Rachel and Ruth :welcome:

From what I have seen of this forum since I joined recently there is a great community spirit and the moderators are especially supportive and always do their best to help.

I hope you find the care and support you are looking for here and wish you all the best health today and in future. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Hoping they find a cure!

Mr Cian Aidan Wagstaffe

**I wish people wouldn't claim we are lazy and claiming benefits for no reason, give us genuine work from home opportunities and see how many of us turn it down!**
Cian
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby animalhouse » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 pm

hi to both of you, everyone is very supportive on here and even if you only dip in and out occasionally like me or depending on how you feel everyone is always friendly.
:wave: :wave: :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello