My mum has Fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My mum has Fibro

Postby Buggles2012 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 am

My mum was diagnosed with Fibro earlier this year. She had a fall at work which we believe is what has brought out the symptoms (sorry, I don't know if she will have been born with it or whether it is something that develops due to an injury)

She is such a strong woman, takes whatever life throws at her. I know she is in constant pain, she doesn't want to live this way (who does!). Working the 3 days a week that she does (18 hours) is hard work for her. She gets 4 days off together, just to recover from the 3 days she does do.

I'm just so sad for her, that she is in so much pain. I want to be able to cure her, but I know I never will. The thought of her living the next 25-40 years in pain is terrifying for me and her.
Buggles2012
UKFM Newbie

Re: My mum has Fibro

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 am

:welcome: to the forum Buggles :wave:

Sorry to hear about your mum having FM :? :?

The fall she had at work could have been the trigger for FM, altho finding out the exact cause or if it's something we're born with is still unknown despite research :( :(

What you've said about her being strong and taking whatever life threw at her is one of the things a lot of us share. It's as if it picks us out and sneaks up on us as we're so busy with other things in life :facepalm: :facepalm:

It is upsetting when you see someone so close to you reduced to a shadow after them being so strong :hugs: :hugs: Just as it's upsetting and frustrating that there isn't a cure and that your mum could be, as you've already said, in pain for a long time to come :facepalm: :facepalm:

Now you've found us, I hope there is some useful info and advice on here that could help your mum. Maybe getting her to have a look thru things on here with you could be helpful, and you can always ask about anything either of you want to know about, I can't guarantee we won't come up with a :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: answer, but we will try and help you with it :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi Buggles and :welcome: to the forum sorry to hear about your mum but I'm sure she will be fine with your support :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:34 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mand » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 pm

hiya buggles, im newly diagnosed (june 2011) and finding my feet...thats if i remember where ive put them :clap: :lol: , mum's going to be struggling with pain, trying to get her head round things, :shock: i was flaming angry :evil: ive not got time for this, im too young 46 but 18 in the head :crazy: , pain ..the fatigue, im working part time and also a carer still tryiing to run round... well i found this site...im not on my own somthing we all have in common...im now learning the signs the feeling of fatigue..have 15mins - 1 hour lying down, try carry on a little when in pain......laugh, and music and my going out perfume bucks me up...adapting.... long dusty things for cleaning, frozen veg, anyone moans and im not feeling tip top...gets a gob full, and laugh at daft things you do and say..last week my hubby was moaning that tea was late ....so my two dogs enjoyed his beef casserole, veg and potatoes :twisted: :mrgreen: , dont mess with me when im not tip top... :lol: , he was laughing about it the next day wanting to know who was having tea first........

give mum time, a cuppa when she has finished work...keep things tidy and help out with cleaning etc, cooking........im writing stuff down that my lazy children wont do............... sounds like you are a caring person and get mum to come on here. :goodluck2: mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello